Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 91 of 96

Re: IPv6 addresses given but no connection

Go to solution

@paulferrari wrote:

The result of a 28 minute telephone conversation with BT is that IPv6 is not available over their whole network automatically. I am on part of their IPv4 network that is being deprecated so giving me IPv6 involves moving me to a new IPv4 address which will also be enabled for IPv6.

Seems odd, given that BT's Chief Network Architect announced in November 2016 that roll-out of IPv6 had been completed "for all BT broadband lines" for people who had compatible routers.

p

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 92 of 96

Go to solution

Sorry I should have added that the router is on a static IP address that has been in use for 10+ years.

By 'compatible routers' I assume that BT mean their own and not any of the others out there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 96

Go to solution

Ah, in which case I (a) presume this is a business line and (b) you will have to request a static IPv6 address as well rather than being allocated a dynamic IPv6 address.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 94 of 96

Go to solution

Yes the line is a business line with a static IPv4 address.

Beware of Cerys Ramsden at BT. She changed our account over to a dynamic IP which obviously cut off access to all the services including a mail server on the previously static IP address. this did not result in an IPv6 connection either.

I have spent all morning on the phone to BT business ending up with a manager called Faye who actually knoew what she was talking about. She ordered back our original IPv4 static address with IPv6 functionality which will take place on Monday. In the meantime we have a pemporary statc IPv4 address with an IPv6 connection as well.

This confirms that the settings above for Draytek routers is correct and works with BT infinity, altoght it might be necessary to ask BT to enable IPv6 functionality on your account if you cannot make a connection.

It also confirms that the people above were correct to be skeptical about Cerys Ramsden's action of converting the account to dynamic in order to enable IPv6. That was clearly misconceived. i have suggested that she be retrained.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 95 of 96

Go to solution

@paulferrari wrote:

Yes the line is a business line with a static IPv4 address.

@paulferrariYou would be better posting on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

as this is the residential forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 96 of 96

Go to solution

This is the residential forum, you would have been better served posting on the business forum https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings