Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 5

IRRITATING CALL FROM BT

Go to solution

BT rang me this morning at 8.08 from 08005875290. and left no message. When I rang back it said it was a text message - a bit odd for a landline call - and if I wanted more I should go to www.bt.com/bttext, which I did. Eventually I spoke to a helpful lady who checked my account and said everything is perfect.  So why was my brerakfast peace disturbed?  I've been ex-directory for 40 years so when I get a call it usually means something significant, especailly at 8.08am.

Very irritating.

Geoff

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: IRRITATING CALL FROM BT

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

It sound like someone had sent a text message to your home phone number. If you take a look at All about BT Text, you'll find a few more details about the BT Text service.

You can stop these message or set curfews by calling 0800 587 5252 from the landline you're receiving them on.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I do get messages like that - usually from couriers - but there was nothing in my text store.  I still think this was BT.  I'm not sure that this is a solution and I did not mark it as solved.

Geoff

0 Ratings
SusiBiker
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just had this Cr*p at 0709 today. I was at work until 0400, so I'm seriously annoyed.

OK, make that pis**d-off, as I've just checked the "Curfew Settings" and it was set to 0800!!

What's up BT? Is 0709 now after 0800? Still on BST? Fudging IDOTS!!!

I get it, you want to offer us a service because you are 'lovely caring people', but ffs, at least follow your own flipping settings!!

Disabled.

Restricted-caller feature on phone now turned on - only green-lit numbers will get through.

Thanks for absolutely nothing. I'm just having a great day now. Thank you.

Just coming off a 3-week shift. You muppets!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @SusiBiker and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you've received a call when  you shouldn't have. Are the setting on the phone or line? If you get any more calls like this please let me know and I'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings