cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

ISP 28 to ISP 29

I am told the reason for my problems (the fact that I can't get the sports channels or even see them in the list - although I could for two days) is because, under Settings -> System Information -> Software versions, the ISP Configuration is 28 where it should be 29. Anyone know how this can be changed?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: ISP 28 to ISP 29

Run a software update on the YouView box

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Yes, I have regularly run updates and scanned for channels. Still ISP28.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

Scanning for channels will do nothing.
If downloading the software doesn't do anything then try restarting the box,

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Thanks. That link doesn't appear to be working at the moment. 'Down for maintenance'. I'll have a look later.

As for restarting the box, I'l try to watch the recordngs and then I'll do that.

The last software update is recorded as 2 August - so this must be when ISP 29 went to 28 as it is also when I lost the channels in the listings (not that they were working). My hope is that they have gone so someone can fix them and put them back! Is there any way I can find out when the next software update is due?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 17

Link working for me just now. Here's the link again in case it got messed up

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

I tried this and still have ISP 28. Unfortunately is did not change mine to ISP 29 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 17

A factory/maintenence reset will not force the ISP config to update beyond the level it's already at.

People carrying them out are simply wasting their time and those sugesting them are directing owners to a path of action which can end up bricking boxes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 17

You say that but a couple of months ago when a major update was released my box just wouldn't find it. Despite manual update checks and restarting the box it would not update. Someone on the Youview forum suggested the maintenance mode and it applied the update straight away.

0 Ratings