Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Liam_Doyle
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

ISP Configuration 250, error message TVE_A914 and just 12 Internet Channels

Go to solution

Hello, I'm looking for some technical expertise if anyone would be so kind as to help me. 

I have two separate BT TV problems which may, or may not, be related. Just to say, I have already tried the following, often several times, over the last week:

1. Powered both my hub and Youview box on and off.

2. Factory reset both my hub and Youview box

3. Manually searched for and installed updates

4. Removed all other devices from the hub and simply connected an Ethernet cable to the Youview box directly from the hub. No powerlines either.

5. Spoken to BT by phone and online.

6. Retuned all channels

Despite all this, I still only have 12 Internet channels (all the BT sports and AMC). Just to add, on day one of the install, I could see many more Internet channels on the guide. Since then, I can only see 12.

Additionally, I can't use the BT TV app due to error code TVE_A914. Yet, I've logged on with my Primary idea and linked two different mobile devices to the Youview box.

I strongly suspect that the problem lies with the way my account has been configured, that the correct settings are not being pushed out to my devices. I'm on ISP Configuration 250... Is it something to do with that?  Or are other factors involved?

Please help, if you can!

Many thanks, 

Chris

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Sport-Tower
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: ISP Configuration 250, error message TVE_A914 and just 12 Internet Channels

Go to solution

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your BT service and that so far you have not had any luck resolving these issues.

Could you please private message me you landine number and I'll check your TV account? Do you know what package you should have so i can compare please?

0 Ratings
Sport-Tower
Retired BT Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Chris,

I was able to find your account details and can see you are subcribed to our BT TV essential with BT sport and AMC. And that you are using our Infinity option 1 service. Thanks

For the BT TV app, you'll need to subcribe to that service to be able to watch. There are some package option that include this. please call our customer services and they will be able to advise your futher.

I am currently checking on your TV service via the YouView STB and will update you shortly

Sport-Tower
Retired BT Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Chris,

I have finished checking your TV account service. And all is correct. Your YouView Zapper STB was served ISP config 243 at 02:39 this morning. This is the correct config for your service.

Please can you check your STB

0 Ratings
Chris_Liam_Doyle
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Good Afternoon Sport-Tower,

Thank-you very much for looking into this so swiftly.

I checked my box: no change at first. I went for a manual software update and found there was one. I ran it and after the reboot, it reported an update to the channels in a message at the top of the screen. Promising as this was, I still just had the same 12 internet channels.  I did a retune... no change. My ISP Configuration is once again, back at 250, not 243 as you said it should be.

As soon as I can see the extra internet channels, I will add the Kids bolt on... but my understanding is, you don't have to actually add the bolt on to see the channels in the Guide (I turned AMC on and off to test this and, once I deactivated it, the channel was still visible on the guide but just not available for me to view. I have since turned it back on again, no problems with AMC... just all the other channels!)

Are there any other steps I should take? Maybe a full factory reset?

Thanks again, I very much appreciate your assistance.

Cheers,

Chris

PS. What does STB stand for?

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Set-Top Box ie the Humax/BT product in question ...
Chris_Liam_Doyle
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Ah, so obvious now that you say it! Thanks speedtrip.

0 Ratings
Sport-Tower
Retired BT Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Chris,

this is strange, you should be on ISP config 243 to recieve the extra channels. Without this you won't see them on the EPG. I've sent you a private message requesting some details can you provide so i can look into this further for you?

0 Ratings
Sport-Tower
Retired BT Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Chris,

I've made a change on your account earlier today and am glad this has fixed the issue for you. If you have anymore trouble feel free to contact again

Chris_Liam_Doyle
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thank-you Sport-Tower, I now have ISP Configuration 243 and the channels are finally showing on the EPG. Thanks again for all your help.

I'm going to ask one more question if I may! Now that I can see the channels, my next step was to activate the Kids bolt on (deactivated last week or so when I realised I was paying for channels I wasn't seeing!). I did that yesterday afternoon and it's nearly 24 hours... but the Kids bolt on does not seem to have kicked in. Each time I check, I go to set up the channel and it tells me I need to subscribe.

I was a bit surprised because the AMC bolt on took a matter of minutes to activate.

Should I wait until this evening or is there something else I should do to activate the Kids bolt on?

0 Ratings