cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 1 of 5

ISP Configurations updated

For your information, we have updated the "ISP Configuration" version numbers as the certificate they are signed with was nearing expiration.

The content of them has not changed at all, just the version number which will now begin with 9.

Steve

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: ISP Configurations updated

Steve,

I've come on here this afternoon because I switched on my YV box to watch the 15.00 news on the BBC News Channel. The box was unusually slow to respond to any commands (it had been left on RTE 2 HD last night, so it would record something for my better half), I couldn't change channel and it wouldn't respond to any commands. Turned it off at mains, left it and turned it on again, same thing, couldn't get it to change channel. I logged in here, leaving box on and was reading the forums, about 5 mins later all the commands I had tried on the remote ran though in sequence - it ran up and down channels, menus appeared and dissappeared, then it froze and restarted. First thing I wondered was "has there been an update" - sure enough it was updated overnight - then I saw this thread. I don't know about anyone else but I am back where I was a few weeks back with a box that is dead slow and stop. I have turned if off again and will now try the "pull the internet connection" trick to see if it responds any better......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi SRB,

That's not good to hear. I've just logged on to the server and double checked that there are no changes in the file.

Which version do you have now, 90?

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi Steve, yes it is 90. Let it sit for ages (almost 10 min) until the "channel line up has changed" message appeared and then it appeared to be ok again, though it crashed as I tried out the S4C app, had to turn it off to get out of it. Was using it last night though and it was behaving itself.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Box really is not behaving well, go to any channel out of it's main TX and it crashes. Only way to get it back is to pull the power. Useless if you live in NI and also receive Irish DTT. Going back to the old Vision box again. At least it can cope with Scottish and Irish DTT as well as NI.
0 Ratings