Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KS66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

ISP configuration

Go to solution

Hello

My box tells me I cannot get my on demand channels etc as I am not connected to the Internet.  However, my box settings say that I am.  My bt hub manager also says it thinks it is connected via Ethernet cable to the box too. 

I had a very long phone conversation last night with a technical adviser who got me to reset factory settings etc. Have also rebooted the router multiple times, unplugged and replugged everything. 

Under 'system information - software versions', I dont appear to have any number in the 'isp configuration' section.  Should I?   

I was upgraded to infinity last week but otherwise, nothing has changed with my to setup. 

Thanks for any tips help etc....

kath

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: ISP configuration

Go to solution

Yes there should be a value set for the ISP configuration. I believe Youview uses the ISP configuaration to determine which on demand players  to display and what IPTV channels to include in your boxes EPG.

0 Ratings
KS66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

So how do I go about finding the correct figure, and then adding it - especially as the box thinks it's not actually connected to Internet?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Do you know if there was an ISP configuration value before the Youview box was reset to factory settings ?

If so then possibly the Youview box hasn't gone thru  the complete  setup process after a factory reset . Try a 8 second box reset (press box power burtton for 8 seconds)  , try (Youview>Settings>Device Management) update software and update on demand players.

Which Youview box do you have  and which home hub  ?

The Youview box is reporting connected - do you notice anything unusual about any of the details of the dns and ip address that is displayed ?

0 Ratings
KS66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry, don't know if ISP configuration value was there prior to factory reset.  

Have just tried 8 second reboot  again, and it didn't change anything. Also says has latest software and on demand players

i have humax DTRT1000

under system information (where the ISP configuration detail is blank), it also says 'software version - last updated; never'. Am assuming this is because of factory reset last night. 

The network connection status shows IP address and router info to be the exact same as details in home hub 5 router manager. I have tried switching wired connection to manual and back to auto - and it still comes back saying is connected.  

This is  the first time I have tried using the television since the infinity upgrade - could that have done something to the ISP value?   (know they had to expand capacity on exchange for me to get it)

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Can you confirm what software versions are currently on the box ?

0 Ratings
KS66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Manufacturer software - 21.50.50

component software - 2.9.34

platform configuration - 1393

ISP configuration -  

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I have requested moderator assistence for you -

0 Ratings
KS66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for that. K

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @KS66

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

I can help check everything is ok from our end.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings