cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 1 of 9

ISPReview says a fix is being rolled out to fix speed issues.

Well, a post there now says this and the Admin of the forum is going to ask BT what's actually happening.

So, do we wait fo rthe Fix to the Type B hubs to trickle into our routers, or do we stick with the replacement Type A's?

My IP Profile has dropped around 10 megs since I changed from the Type B router to the Type A router, and am now only getting a little bit over the stable infinity 1 speeds of 37 megs. I knwo this is odd given it;'s the router and mot the modem which has changed???

Anyone any ideas why this would be the case? I believe the Type A has slower throughput, and then maybe the modem sees this and the DLM throttles the line back?

When I started the 80/20 service in April (and before the issues with the sub 1 meg speeds), I had a solid 64 megs d/l for a coupe of months, no bother, so was very happy with the decision to swap from Infinity 1 at a solid 37 megs.

Have re-booted the modem once to get a new sync.

Will wait to see if the DLM pushes me back up - it's been a stable 58.77 for many weeks, until the router swap out.

Rob

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: ISPReview says a fix is being rolled out to fix speed issues.

The homehubs dont effect sync speed or dlm in any way.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Yup, I know ... but if the hub can't cope with the higher speed of Infinity 2, then it will have some effect on the modem, and BT "could" remotely poke at your system (which they have done in the past and barfed my Type B speeds down to < 1 meg).

Rob

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

@RobFletcher wrote:

Yup, I know ... but if the hub can't cope with the higher speed of Infinity 2, then it will have some effect on the modem, and BT "could" remotely poke at your system (which they have done in the past and barfed my Type B speeds down to < 1 meg).

Rob

No it wont. If the hubs cant handle the throughput then only your lan will suffer, not the modem or the dlm. But since the hubs dont have these issues theres nothing to worry about. Its only a glitch with some of the hubs thats now been fixed.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Well, some sources say it's been fixed, but I've not seen anything official from BT yet.

So, is it better to stay with the HH3 Type A or go back to the HH3 Type B (which does have the firmware problem) and wait for a fix to be rolled out (if it ever does)?

It would be nice to get back to my 64 megs download and 17 megs up again ... had this for months. But, after the "network maintenance" and the propblems invoked in the HH3 Type B, I have seen my speeds drop to just over 40 megs ...

I was getting a solid 37 megs on Infinity 1 for 6 momths before changing to 80/20 (and another 18 month contract!!!).

DLM is very slow to move you up, but very quick to drop you down significantly.

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 9

whats your ip profile?
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Hey!

50.52   and get around 45 megs dl

For the past month it's been 58.77 and I got 56 megs dl

Before that it was at 68 for months and I got 64 megs dl

----------

The degradation all started at the same time as the barfing router issue.

The last drop coincided ezxactly with the swapping out of the Type B for the Type A router.

Wierd ...

Rob

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 9

my ip prifle is 76.79/20 and my sync speed is 79330/20000
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 9 of 9

When I first had the 80/20 service IPP was in the high 70's , but once whatever provoked the Type B bug kicked in, the speeds have dropped ...

Not far from the cab, ali line though, install engineer said his test kit sync'd at max up and down ... so expected mine to give more or less the full speed. Where "have" we heard that before ....

Cheers,

Rob

0 Ratings