cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jebnorton1
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

If I connect my HH5 to another HH5 with ethernet, how do I overcome conflicting passwords please?

Ive tried using other old router to my HH5 with no success, after changing Def Gateway, channel, etc etc. So, I'll try another HH if I can get over the password conflict. Any help please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: If I connect my HH5 to another HH5 with ethernet, how do I overcome conflicting passwords please

All you need to do on the second hub is give it an address of 192.168.1.20 and turn off DHCP. Connect LAN port on first hub to LAN port on second hub, NOT WAN port.

hub5.jpg

0 Ratings
jebnorton1
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: If I connect my HH5 to another HH5 with ethernet, how do I overcome conflicting passwords please

Thank you so much; I have a 2nd router in view so will go ahead. j

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Works well for me with similar set up using powerline adapters
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
jebnorton1
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Thanks Devon Dave but did you have a problem with different passwords or were you able to give them the same?

Thanks

jeff

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Which password are you referring to. I give all my devices the same wireless password with no problems. Admin passwords are device specific so won't matter whether they are the same or different
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

As liquorice has done I also have the same wireless password set with no problems at all.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
jebnorton1
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I was referring to the password on the plastic card at the back of the router. I'm just assuming that when I get my 2nd HH5  on Mon/Tues., it will have a different password to my current one??

Thanks

jeff

also to Licuorice - thanks

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Yes it will, but there are 2 passwords on the plastic card, wireless (that devices use to connect to the hub wifi) and admin (which you use to access the admin pages of the hub).

0 Ratings
jebnorton1
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

OK thanks. You will have gathered that Im not terribly techie!!! No, you dont need to respond to that, thanks.

j

0 Ratings