cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

If I end TV contract after 12 months, what will I see on my youview box?

Go to solution

After reading a few posts about being able to keep my youview box after ending the contract I was wondering what I will still be able to use my youview box for.

Will I still be able to use it as a freeview recorder? Will the EPG still show up?

I will be keeping my phone and infinity contract, so will the youview box still show me the sport channels?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: If I end TV contract after 12 months, what will I see on my youview box?

Go to solution
EPG and recording will work. All On demand players except BT player will work. I don't think sport channels will work as you won't have TV subscription.
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@jparnell82 wrote:
EPG and recording will work. All On demand players except BT player will work. I don't think sport channels will work as you won't have TV subscription.

Correct. BT Sport is only available on the YouView box with a TV subscription but still available via PC , tablet etc.

Ignore anything BT Customer Service personnel tell you about returning the box , recording won't work etc. They are either trying to keep you on subscription or are just plain mis-informed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Agree with above, I got them spinning that yarn, box works fine.

Just to add that the box will keep its BT Firmware so the BT option will still show but won't be accessible.

Firmware updates will still happen as normal when BT boxes are updated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Nigelwyn wrote:

The reflections of disapointed family members Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Steve_M wrote:

@Nigelwyn wrote:

The reflections of disapointed family members Smiley Very Happy

Sorry Steve, but I think you have misjudged the humour this time. The reason the original question is being asked is because BT staff are outright lying to customers, telling them that the box will not work when they cancel, when it obviously does. At best, staff need some serious retraining, at worst....intentially getting a customer to stay with the company by making them pay money that they do not have, sounds a little like fraud to me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

To be fair the original poster doesn't actually mention anything about seeing miss information, they just ask a question that people reply to (the replies people have mentioned the mis-information but not the original poster).

You have assumed that is what they meant (and you may well be right) but sometimes it is best not to always assume the worst....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@scointer wrote:

To be fair the original poster doesn't actually mention anything about seeing miss information, they just ask a question that people reply to (the replies people have mentioned the mis-information but not the original poster).

You have assumed that is what they meant (and you may well be right) but sometimes it is best not to always assume the worst....

Fair point, but even if they didn't the other poster in the thread did say that BT told them that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@drhowells wrote:
Sorry Steve, but I think you have misjudged the humour this time.

Really, I thought it was an amusing reply Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings