cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 121

If you have BT Vision and Infinity and can't watch BT Sport on your TV post here

Just trying to bring some of the issues together.  As the title suggests, this thread is for users with BT Vision and Infinity who are having trouble watching BT Sport on their TV.  Please provide the following info and let's see if we can all help one another out:

1. Confirm you have a black BT Vision+ box
  2. Post the software / Middleware details in Help and Settings
  3. Are the BT Sport / ESPN channels showing on numbers 507-512
  4. Confirm you're using the Home Hub and describe how are you connected between the Vision box and your Home Hub
  5. Confirm all other on demand content is working
  6. Have you had written confirmation that BT Sport is all ordered and good to go
  7. What's happening / not happening
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
120 REPLIES 120
Richard999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 121

Re: If you have BT Vision and Infinity and can't watch BT Sport on your TV post here

1. Confirm you have a black BT Vision+ box: Yes
  2. Post the software / Middleware details in Help and Settings: 7.2.3/4.79.5 rev.1 512-multicast Build 312754 Jun 4...
  3. Are the BT Sport / ESPN channels showing on numbers 507-512:Yes
  4. Confirm you're using the Home Hub and describe how are you connected between the Vision box and your Home Hub: wired
  5. Confirm all other on demand content is working: yes
  6. Have you had written confirmation that BT Sport is all ordered and good to go: yes
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 121

Re: If you have BT Vision and Infinity and can't watch BT Sport on your TV post here

@Richard999 wrote:
  1. Confirm you have a black BT Vision+ box: Yes
  2. Post the software / Middleware details in Help and Settings: 7.2.3/4.79.5 rev.1 512-multicast Build 312754 Jun 4...
  3. Are the BT Sport / ESPN channels showing on numbers 507-512:Yes
  4. Confirm you're using the Home Hub and describe how are you connected between the Vision box and your Home Hub: wired
  5. Confirm all other on demand content is working: yes
  6. Have you had written confirmation that BT Sport is all ordered and good to go: yes

Hi Richard,

Forgot to ask "What's happening / not happening" the details you've posted look like everything should be OK.  Are you wired with powerlines or direct from Vision box to the hub?

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
ems
Beginner
Message 4 of 121

Richard999 - what does your entitlement information say?? 

Bt Vision on your remote / Help & Settings / Settings / Entitlement Information

0 Ratings
FDC
Beginner
Message 5 of 121

Hi notoriousdbp

I have the stated problem & no access to BT help as they are too busy.

My situation is slightly different as i cannot see the channels BT Sport is meant to be on 507 - 512.

I have a brand new home hub 3 but no confidence in the way it was set up by the engineer.

Have you some guidance?

0 Ratings
mac26555
Beginner
Message 6 of 121

Infinity2 fitted over a week ago

Brand new home hub Router 4

Using Mac 10.8.4

Connected by Ethernet

Downloaded very latest v of Silverlight yesterday

General download speeds 70/15...

Yesterday set everything up for BTSport... it worked like a dream... watched the liverpool game (and was like a dog with two **bleep**)... came back at 3.30pm yesterday to watch the Arsenal game, no joy... started getting error message VCO25... followed all the advice online, nothing worked, even changed my clock settings (yep, that was serious advice from BT)...

Today, i can log-in to BTSport, just as before, but when I go to play anything i simply get 'black' not even an error message now... where the 'screen' would be is simply 'black'... 

Given up on all levels of BT support on this and tweeted BT's Chief Counsel to see if he can help.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 121

@FDC wrote:

Hi notoriousdbp

I have the stated problem & no access to BT help as they are too busy.

My situation is slightly different as i cannot see the channels BT Sport is meant to be on 507 - 512.

I have a brand new home hub 3 but no confidence in the way it was set up by the engineer.

Have you some guidance?

FDC,

If channels 507 - 512 aren't listed in the Guide, then you are probably on the wrong version of the BT Vision+ box software. It should look similar to that below. The 'multicast' bit is important for those expecting to get the channels over Infinity.

4.79.5 rev.1 512-multicast Build 312754 Jun 4...

Could you let us know your middleware version?

Help & Settings > Settings > System Information > Middleware Version

0 Ratings
mac26555
Beginner
Message 8 of 121

Addendum... it gets weirder still... all the above, i'm using chrome for mac as browser... i've just switched to safari browser on mac... at first got a error message, then a miracle, i got a live feed that works

0 Ratings
FDC
Beginner
Message 9 of 121

Hi Umpire

My middle ware version is:

4.65.4 rev.1 512 Build 243196 Jan 2013

Obviously not "multicast".

Why would i not have the correct software on a unit only installed 3 weeks ago? How do i go about getting it changed?

Thanks

Malcolm

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 121

@mac26555 wrote:

Addendum... it gets weirder still... all the above, i'm using chrome for mac as browser... i've just switched to safari browser on mac... at first got a error message, then a miracle, i got a live feed that works

This thread was intended for those trying to watch on a BT Vision+ box and TV, but I can't see one for watching on a Mac, so to confirm what you found to be the case.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45893/c/348,6604,6605 which says,

Mac

•     Safari

The Silverlight plug-in is not supported on Google Chrome on Macs. We recommend that you use the Safari browser instead.

0 Ratings