cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teekay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 211 of 285

Re: If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

It's worth noting that while this issue was "hot" Sep14 to Dec-14, I wasn't experiencing any problem. And this year, during Jan-15, all was well. Yesterday was my first use of BT Sport for Feb-15 when the issue came to light. I'm wondering if the combination of these latest version apps for Chromecast and BT Sport are causing the issue?

Re-reading Gerard's post, I thought I would add to my post that I was successfully watching live programmes on the TV from 28th December to 31st January and then it stopped working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 212 of 285

Teekay - in terms of timing, I also was fine throughout January of this year. I encountered this issue for the first time last week.

In response to the request to provide as much info as possible, my previous post is already fairly detailed but some additional information...

I'm using WiFi only for BT Sport purposes, no mobile data.

I'm accessing BT Sport app successfully on my HTC One Mini and on my Google Nexus 10 - no login problems whatsoever.

The exact same issue happens regardless of device access, phone or tablet

I've tested TV casting via YouTube, BBC iPlayer apps and both are fine, am hough quality of picture inferior to what it was before Feb-15

Phone OS is Android 4.4.2

Tablet OS is Android 5.0.2

One thing I must mention...when I encountered the problem last week, at the same time, I noticed the link speed of my connection had become very slow... WiFi link speed was a pathetic 24 Mbps (3Mbytes/sec) having previously been around 120 Mbps. I've been experimenting with different Channels. Right now, the best I'm getting is 72 Mbps on Channel 11. Previously, I didn't need to mess around with Channels...it was always Channel 9 which gave good speeds.

Maybe its nothing to do with the app versions (others experienced the problem last year) and all to do with poor BT connection speeds?

0 Ratings
Teekay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 213 of 285

On the 4th February my Download speed was 0.91Mb. The upload speed was 0.38Mb. My connection speed was 1.02Mb and according to BT was "Good".

My speed (or lack of it!) was sufficient for me to watch Chromecasted live streams for two complete rugby matches on a mid-January Saturday afternoon with, in my opinion, almost HD quality pictures!

Two weeks ago I sent my Chromecast 200 miles south to my son in Glasgow where he attached it to his devices and had no problems whatsoever in getting results, so I assume from that that it is not the Chromecast at fault.

BTW, I went through the procedure yesterday with no success.

0 Ratings
TB
Aspiring Expert
Message 214 of 285

Hello OrkneySmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Teekay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 215 of 285

Not quite that far....but Hi anyway!

0 Ratings
Phantomlynx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 216 of 285

I have just upgraded to Lollipop on my Note 4 and the app no longer streams video. The rest works ok

Very annoying
0 Ratings
gavfoto
Message 217 of 285

Hi I'm using a HP 8 G2 operating on Android KitKat. The app worked perfectly now I can only get sound. I use the tablet on WiFi, is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

0 Ratings
Terry1948
Message 218 of 285

Cambridge Sciences Starpad 3

os - Android 4.2.2

Can log into Bt Sport 

Connecting via WIFI

Can watch live programmes but movements are not natural in that they are jerky

Any thoughts as to how I can solve this problem

Terry1948

0 Ratings
TB
Aspiring Expert
Message 219 of 285

@Terry1948 wrote:

Cambridge Sciences Starpad 3

os - Android 4.2.2

Can log into Bt Sport 

Connecting via WIFI

Can watch live programmes but movements are not natural in that they are jerky

Any thoughts as to how I can solve this problem

Terry1948

@IT's a problem with how the images are broadcast i.e. the broadcasts are refreshing the tv lines at a different rate as to what digital devices such as tablets/phones/PCs are refreshing @ 

Without delving into the technicalities ....this does improve with newer more top of the range spec devices but YMMV? (as they say)!

Has been much of a debate on other threads here!

0 Ratings
TB
Aspiring Expert
Message 220 of 285

Xperia Tablet Z (model: SGP321)

Android 5.0.2

WiFi

App has no problems until Using Watch Now.. this may have been since upgrading to Llp (Lolipop),  starts in very low quality then after a few seconds jumps backwards about 1 sec into HD quality but is dropping frames & totally out of sync.

Xperia ZR phone with same Android version has no problems.

(casting to Google CC works perfectly, but defeats the object of convenience)

Probably the tablets EOL but was fine with Android KK (just about)

0 Ratings