Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lespeak
Message 1 of 20

If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

Go to solution

Getting message 'unable to playback video'.  Android 4.0.3 Excel Scroll. Log-in is OK. Can look at program listings OK. Nothing plays. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

Go to solution
You need 4.1 jelly bean or forget it. Sorry

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
Imjolly is right, although I've had some success on my phone running Ice Cream Sandwich using 3G. Fails immediately on Wi-Fi though every time
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
ElmaFudd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

I'm running ICS 4.0.4 and was running the app all day on the 1st Aug on Wifi with no issue, not sure if it was the update to  1.0.4 of the app, but since then whilst watching live sport I occasionally get VS011 drop outs, these can be after 15 seconds or half an hour.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

the first day was free no encryption but according to latest spec you need 4.1 JB 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
imjolly,
The 1st day free was not on the app or online player was my understanding. The part I've not been able to work is this on the web site of supported android devices:---
Android devices running OS 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later
Android tablets:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The above Tab only runs ICS 4.0.4
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

as I posted on another thread as far as I thought the first day was free to air for everyone.

there are quite a few post where you get an error vso11 telling you to upgrade on mobiles without jb

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
imjolly,
Yes I just replied there lol got mixed up in the posts. At 6pm on launch day I tried to watch om my tab for free but it wanted my log in infor before I could watch a stream and that was why I said it was only on other platforms, my son had it free on his sky box..
Thinking out aloud maybe BT have done a device specific bit of code in the app just for OSG Tab 10.1 running ICS 4.0.4 as it's on their supported list? Interesting will try and find out later if this is the case.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution
I just had my letter confirming my BT sport subscription and that states JB 4.1 is needed for Android
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
lol Snap just had my letter and it says the same about the app and JB 4.1.x and yet just tried my sons again and it's working, It's a mystery. Maybe a MOD can clear this up for us
0 Ratings