cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrybastin
Contributor
Message 11 of 285

Re: If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

It seems to be an issue with tablets that are not the top name brands. Its almost like the app has bugs to make sure that the cheaper non expensive models don't work properly. It can't be the android OS version as my tabtronics quantum 7+ is running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean which is compatible. How come every other app that uses video like BBC I Player works ok and the BT Sport app does not? Come on BT as a long time customer I would expect a better service.

legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 285

They aren't cheap because they're good, they're cheap because they use cheap components and unlicenced hardware with poor drivers.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 285

Fair enough but every other video works, I player, Youtube etc. Why can't BT sport?

0 Ratings
barrybastin
Contributor
Message 14 of 285

You're probably right but it doesn't explain why all other apps work fine except BT Sport. Not everyone can afford expensive tablets. Plus google play store says it's compatible and yet the app doesn't work correctly.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 285

google store still has old spec of ICS whereas the BT webpage has been updated to 4.1 JB

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
maxriot
Contributor
Message 16 of 285

i'm using JB 4.2.2 and still having issues (see page 1 for pic)

0 Ratings
barrybastin
Contributor
Message 17 of 285

Have seen your screenshots and my tablet is identical to yours. Dont know why the app has not been updated to cure it. All the problems will only alienate their loyal customers. BT should be concerned about it as it will affect their business. Wll just have to wait to see if they update their app to iron out the shortcomings.

0 Ratings
joggler
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 285

Huawei Ascend G300
Rooted Cyanogenmod 10.1
WiFi and 3G
BT Sport App 1.0.4

App runs ok and lists programmes but clicking "Watch" gives half sec audio then VC011 as someone else said.

(off topic): Also as Laptop is Ubuntu Linux it doesn't work either (no Silverlight)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 285

you may find like skygo the bt app will not work if your phone/tablet has been rooted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bobbins
Beginner
Message 20 of 285

Device:  Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Version of Android:  4.1.1 ('Jelly Bean')

Can you log in to the App?:  Yes, no issues there for me.

Are you using Wi-Fi or 3G?:  Wi-Fi

Can you not watch anything at all or can you watch, but with problems?:

- Can watch the 3 live channels on the app, but with annoying persistent jerkiness on those channels' live streams after about 3 minutes of perfect smooth streaming. If I exit the stream completely then start it again, I get another ~3 mins of loveliness before the problem reoccurs, every time.

- Cannot watch any Videos On Demand at all, error VC014. Have tried logging out & in again several times, no change.

Details of both my issues are in this thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-app-on-Android-tablet-always-goes-jerky-after-3-minutes...

(also, 'Overlook' who posted in my thread above seems to be having problems very similar to my first one with their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1)

0 Ratings