Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

Go to solution

a lot of the tablets run a form of the OS not the full system as the mobiles do - maybe that is the difference - just a thought

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
Has any explanation been given for not being able to use 4.0.4? My tablet is only a few months old so it can't be that the system is antiquated; it's not as if it's Windows 98. What is so different with 4.1?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

4.1 jelly bean is more up to date hence why you probably get vs011 error to update   if you read some of the posts there are some with tablets running 4.0.4 who can receive btsports

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

OK but my tablet plays every other type of video I've asked of it so I don't understand why BT are unable to supply to a very recent operating system.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

This is the list of supported devices:

The BT Sport App works on iPhone (3GS and above), iPad (iOS 5.1.1 and above) & selected Android devices with OS 4.1

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
That's correct to what it says above the supported device list but like I've it also states that the OSG Tab 10.1 is a supported device and the said device only runs ICS 4.0.4 so it's confussing and yes the said Tab works great with the app. I'm going to try and decompile the app to look for a line of code that allows the tab to run on ICS 4.0.4. Unless a mod can confirm there is 1 present?
0 Ratings
MW2
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

I am using Android 4.2 and cannot receive any video. I get the error message "Unable to playback video VC011".

Very annoying having switched my broadband to receive BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
MW2,
What device you have please?
0 Ratings
red-lucy
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Apologies if already noted-I always watched BT Sport on the TV so now it's online only I got the Chromecast device. This works via my laptop for everything other than BT Sport. So I bought a tablet (Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS) and dowloaded the BT Sport App. However the BT Sport Channels online (on the laptop) do not tally with the BT Sports Channels on the app.

Today I wanted to cast the MOTO GP practice sessions which were live on the website but delayed by several hours on the App.

The question is why, if BT Sport is free to subscribers, am I still unable to watch MOTO GP live via the App? Why have I wasted money on a tablet when I can't cast live sport? The TV schedule on the App show MOTO GP 'live' at 11pm??? That's not live that's catch-up.

What am doing wrong. I can cast what's showing on the App but not MOTO GP which is all I want to watch.

Help

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Hi red-lucy -

I believe the live broadcasts are the same on Android/IOS app as on the the laptop/PC.  From what you descriibe it is more likely to be the schedule on your device which was inaccurate at the time. Whatever the schedule says if you go and watch live on the channel you should get what is actually being broadcast live irrespective of what the schedule says.

0 Ratings