Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

If you were thinking of signing up to BT don't do it

Go to solution

I really would warn everyone of signing up to BT.  They are the most useless company I have ever had to deal with.  On 10 July I agreed to upgrade to infinity 2 after having infinity 1 for a year. On 17 July it became effective and as a result I lost the internet completely.  After three days of painfull and legthy phone calls with technical support it was discovered that BT have instead downgraded me to ADSL (the infinity set up does not work for ADSL unless you use the hub as a modem).  I have phoned and phoned again but BT have me caught me up in some kind of circular motion.  When I speak to technical support they tell me that there is nothing wrong with the line other than the fact I have ADSL rather than infinity.  They then ask me to talk to customer services yet again to confirm that I want infinity 2.  Customer services tell me that I am indeed contracted for infinity 2 and then put me through to technical support, who then tell me I have to speak to customer services to tell them that I want infinity 2.  I managed to speak to one of the BT managers the other day, who seemed reasonably helpful but he fobbed me off to technical support. Technical support promised me they would call me back on Saturday to tell me what they were doing about it.  I did get a call on Saturday but geuss what they told me to ring customer services to ask for Infinity 2.  I have put in a complaint and was advised they would call me on Tuesday.  Guess what they haven't!.  I tried to cancel my contract but was convinced to hang on a little and was then told that an engineer will come out on 07 August, to do what I have no idea, but in the meantime I received an email stating that I have been upgraded to infinity 2 and that it will be effective in three days.  It won't be of course.  I have been paying for infinity 2 since 17 July. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS RUBBISH COMPANY. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. IT IS NOT WORTH THE MENTAL TORTURE.  My wife used BT when she set up new offices.  They took seven months!  AVOID, AVOID!         

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: If you were thinking of signing up to BT don't do it

Go to solution

If things do not go to plan then,

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Lol, your wife used BT and they took 7 months? So why on earth did you join BT if you knew they were so bad? In all honestly I've had some issues with my install and things like this happen, and BT has been great at helping me sort things out. I think you will find that BT probably have the best technical support of any isp and the free Openreach visits to fix issues is a big plus. I suggest you just contact the forum mods and they will get you sorted in no time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

No point.  I will get the usual run around.  The message here is simple AVOID BT AT ALL COSTS!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution
you are being offered help however if you don't want it that is your choice but you cannot complain you were not given the chance to resolve your problem also remember what ever provider you may go to unless it is cable use Openreach and there network for your connection
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

I already had a contract with BT (phone and Infinity 1) and stupidly thought that upgrading to infinity 2 would be something that BT could handle. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution
"do as i say not as i do"
lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

OK I will give it a go.  Wish me luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution
if you contact the Care team at the link Keith has posted they will get your problem resolved
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution
no luck needed they will get it sorted out for you