cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Ignored by BT and now harassed by CSL!

I've recently have been trying to deal with BT over my last bill. It’s a long story but Orange 'slammed' my line and then in the process of trying (badly) to get it back BT made over twenty mistakes and cost me £60. After three months of mistakes when they gave me the wrong phone number I informed them I'd had enough and was leaving. They tried to ring me several times to convince me to stay but the damage was done.

During the three months time I had been promised by manages several times that any outstanding charges would be wiped due to the essay of notes attached to my file stating I had rung BT over twenty times, emailed several times and written to them twice to try and get things sorted. I changed supplier but still kept getting letters from BT asking for different amounts of money, when I rang BT each time they said it was automated and to ignore it I wasn’t going to be charged a leaving fee etc.

Now I am being contacted by CSL over £28 that BT passed to them, I rang BT who now refuses to speak to me and say I just have to pay it. I can’t believe that these charges were wiped as a good will gesture on their part and now as mentioned a million times on this website their total lack of respect and communication within their company has resulted in me being hounded by a debt collection agency that constantly ring and threaten me and my family.

During my contacting BT at no time did they mention they would consider this action and now they refuse to speak to me. I have had to contact Ofcom several times, write to my solicitor and I am even now considering contacting watchdog as phone calls from BT and CSL have over the past four months taken up all of my days off and even ruined me and my girlfriends anniversary, when a manager said I had to stay in and wait for a call back (which never happened!)

When I researched CSL I have seen accounts of people paying them and then getting asked for more money down the line and so apart from the principle I refuse to deal with such a company. I suggest to anyone to contact Ofcom as soon as any problem arises with BT as they have been brilliant. Now I am off (on their advice) to write to BT AGAIN to ask under the data protection act for the tapes of my phone calls to prove I was promised by their managers no charges would remain!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 18

Re: Ignored by BT and now harassed by CSL!

Hi Murray50_50

I am sorry that you have had so much hassle with this.  I'll be happy to have a look into things for you and get this cleared up.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

sent it.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Still waiting for any kind of reply as promised from BT....no suprise this still hasnt been sorted out!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

You need to allow three days for a reply, they are only a small UK team, and very busy.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

I feel the same frustration you do. My girlfriend has been reduced to tears through sheer frustration. I am livid. I am awaiting a refund I still have not received. 

I've contacted Watchdog, I would recommend you do the same. Maybe if enough of us complain something can be done about BT's shoddy billing department.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Olly,

Totally with you my friend not only is it frustrating but i feel like all my time off has been spent talking to BT and over several days i have felt like throwing myself out of a window because i'm constantly told by BT reps that there was no record of that refund or of a manager saying any of that, to the point where you feel like your going mad!

Everytime I have rung they have told me one story and when I finally convince them I know what i'm talking about they actually check my records and realize whats happened.

I think I will contact watchdog as the main point I cant get over is the lying by phone reps either to get you off the phone or just to cover their faults. Everytime i have rung and quoted a reference number or managers name I have been told there is noone with that name or that the reference number doesnt matter without notes on the system.

The worst company I have dealt with ever and I feel sorry for the older generation who these sort of actions by BT could make them feel quite isolated and even give them a mental breakdown!!!

Hope you get your refund Olly.....it took me a month with constant phonecalls.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

I'm going to Offcom with this too.

I called again today after being told my phonecalls would be listened to and I would receive a call back in 24 hours. The manager assured me he would call me at 6pm. Guess what? Its gone 6pm; still no phonecall.

Yet again I am having to waste my life chasing round after BT.

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 9 of 18

Hi Hi olly_p,,

I left a message on your thread about this, we'll get back to you as soon possible.

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

I am having terrible problems with BT over my final bill.  I am also being ignored by BT and have a bill demanding I pay for line rentals etc despite the fact I paid these charges in advance in October 2011.  I have also had calls I have made to BT deleted from my itemised call list that i presume was done to ensure I cannot prove i actually made these calls.  I also have been left in tears by the call centre staff who are rude and inefficient.  I am severely disabled with a cronic heart condition and the stress of dealing with these people since 30th December 2011 has left me very ill.  I cannot get anyone to call me back and even after being promised "a cheque is in the post" (an out and out lie) i now find i am being charged again for things i have already paid for.  You are right the customer service team are bad, so horrendously bad. 

I have today sent a final email of to a lady called Michelle at the direct debit team requesting my monies to be repaid to me, and asking for answers on this state of affairs, i have given her until Monday 23rd January to reply and if not then I will have no further options but to seek help from the Ombudsman.  I feel i am having my money stolen from.  I am being totally ignored.

0 Ratings