cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Ignored by BT and now harassed by CSL!

Hey Lily,

Sounds horrible, my father has a heart condition and i always think of how he would cope if he had had to deal with this, not very well i think would be the answer.

I just dont think BT think about the effect this has on people, I am ringing the Ombudsman today as i am dont hold up much hope about being answered on here (its been three days already). I have been promised too many times that someone will get back to me and when BT wont answer a written royal mail recorded letter (as is the law) then getting an answer anywhere else is doubtful.

The reason why I wont pay CSL is exactly why you explained, whats to stop BT making up some new charges in the following months and sending them to CSL, as every bill i have received has been widely different in amount.

I hope you get your money or even an answer but I would start ringing people like Ofcom etc its the only way BT do something, like Olly says i think everyone should start contacting Watchdog and hope this is brought to light!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Hi Murray50_50,

I’m sorry you’ve had problems. Stephanie has dropped you an email this morning so you can get back to her directly. I'm sure we can sort this out for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 13 of 18

Well I haven't sent it yet 🙂 but I'm looking into this now and will get back to you shortly.

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 18

I am 74 years of age and have used my own rules for years and they work:

Never pay for anything that you have not recieved.

Never pay online,always use the old fashioned but foolproof paper billing method and pay by PayPoint as you get a printed machine reciept.

Never trust recordings of phone calls or any recorded media,as it is very easy to edit.

Do not chase up companys about faults,let them chase them up themselves.

If you are harrased by dept collectors,and you don`t owe the money,let them take it to court,as the company making the claim has to attend with legal evidence or they lose.

And last but not least,do not worry,just stick to your guns and don`t let the big cats get you down.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 15 of 18

Just to let you guys know - I finally got so fed up with the **bleep** i was putting up with that I emailed Ian Livinston the CEO of BT directly.  Guess what my problems were sorted out within 4 hours.  Just saying.................

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I'm having the same problems, can you let me have Ian Livingstone email address? I've spen hours on the phone to BT and feeling so frustrated, I've been slammed and it is going to cost me about £110 . I've started a new thread on it, it's a very long story.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

just google it as it will be deleted if it appears on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Thanks for that, I've got it from Google. I'll see if they reply to my complaint first, If I have no luck I'll email him.

0 Ratings