cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 20

Impossible to connect to own BTFon/Openzone hotspot.

Is there a reason why it is impossible to connect to my own BTfon hotspot?

One laptop just can't connect to it at all. The other connects but it says no internet access.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Impossible to connect to own BTFon/Openzone hotspot.

@Malacath wrote:

Is there a reason why it is impossible to connect to my own BTfon hotspot?

One laptop just can't connect to it at all. The other connects but it says no internet access.

Restart your home hub then try again.

I assume that you can connect to your normal SSID?

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 20

Restarting the hub doesn't help

The same problem happened with my old home hub 2 and it does it on my home hub 3.

The only way I can use fon on my hub is to first opt out of Fon. Then do a factory reset of the hub. I then opt back in to fon.

Once the hotspot has activated again it will work for about 24 hours. Then after about 24 hours the hotspot goes dead again.

It's as though BT stop broadcasting to the hotspot after 24 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 20

Strange, About 10 minutes after resetting hub it started working again.

Now i've just got to hope it's still working in 24 hours. I don't want to have to restart the hub every time I want to use the hotspot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 20

The problem still exists. Might as well see if anyone can help before I give up and opt of of the uselss btfon service.

If I reset the hub BTfon will work for a maximum of 24 hours. After that the hotspot no longer works again. Even devices that have never connected to my network cannot connect to my myfon hotspot.

My hotspot is clearly faulty. It was faulty when I had a homehub 2 and faulty with my home hub 3 so I know the problem must be at the exchange and not with my router.

Is the anything else I can do that doesn't involving phoning the call centre?

I seen on one thread mention of BThub running out of IP addresses for Fon after 5 devices have connected to it so not sure if that is the problem here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Hi Malacath,

You're not alone, I'm having the same problem. It worked for a couple of days after Fon/Openzone was added to my Hub now Wifi connects but no DSL connection. Have only connected 3 devices myself and extremely unlikely anyone else has found it and connected in the few days it's been available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 20

I really thought Fon was sorted last year.

The randomness of un-fathomable connection seems to have returned to me and others again 😞
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I also have the same problem I can connect but no internet access, Can anyone help as I am fed up with dealing with script readers in India for hours that I can't understand.

Bt really does need a UK based technical team.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

Malacath

"My hotspot is clearly faulty. It was faulty when I had a homehub 2 and faulty with my home hub 3 so I know the problem must be at the exchange and not with my router."

Your problem cannot be exchange based as your fon and openzone services are wirelessbased and generated by your ome hub if you can connect  using your normal hub SSID then your problem is  mostlikely related to a settings problem can youuse any oher fon or openzone site ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 20

Sorted for me.

Opted out of Fon. 

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings