cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Impossible to get a correct bill - MOD help please

Go to solution

Hi - new poster here - I've been with BT for landline & broadband for over 10 years, but am becoming increasingly frustrated & disillusioned with what BT calls 'customer service', and 'billing', every year - neither appears to function these days, and it just seems to get worse every year ! I'm now turning to this forum in the last chance hope that someone somewhere will be able to help / point me to someone who can....

I was informed by BT email at the end of Dec. 2016, that my existing 'Line Rental Saver' would expire on Jan. 25, 2017 - excellent, for once I was being forewarned, so I could arrange a timely renewal - or so I thought....

I called BT on Jan. 6, 2017, almost 3 weeks before my existing Line Rental Saver would expire, and requested that it be renewed as soon as the existing one ran out, e.g., on Jan. 25, 2017 - so far so good.

During the same call, I also asked what could be done with my broadband, and after some discussion, agreed to an unlimited fibre package at a certain, slightly reduced, price, again for simplicity all to start when my existing packages finished on Jan. 25, 2017. Overall, my monthly costs should reduce by ca. £1 - 2 per month, and everything was set up so it should all be a seamless transition on Jan. 25th., 2017 - excellent, for once I was happy with the service, and had everything set up nicely in advance.

Jan. 25th arrives, and everything is indeed seamless - BUT - come Jan 26, 2017, and I receive a BT bill - charging standard line rental at £18.99 / month, instead of the line rental saver which it should have been, and charging some unknown amount for broadband, bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the package that was agreed & ordered 3 weeks earlier. In total, instead of decreasing, my bill had actually increased considerably (ca. £30 higher), and everything that had been ordered and arranged weeks in advance had been ignored !

'Disappointed' is probably the only polite word I can use to describe my reaction - I've subsequentely called BT, and spoken to someone somewhere who's only answer was basically 'that's how the system works'. NO explanation could be given for why the agreed packages were not implemented, nor why they could not be implemented immediately, and I'm afraid that's completely unacceptable. Any attempt to speak to a supervisor was simply dismissed.

I have absolutely NO expectation that this will sort itself out next month, so unless anyone can suggest exactly who I need to talk to, how, and where (what UK based number) - please ?? I think my energy (and nerves) can now only be better spent researching alternative suppliers - the forthcoming price increases, which I would probably just have ignored, are now looking more and more like the ideal time to leave...

Alan

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Impossible to get a correct bill - MOD help please

Go to solution

Hi @AWD

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm very sorry for all the problems that you're having.  I can definitely understand your frustration!  Can you send us over your details and we will give you a hand with this from here?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@AWD I called there but missed you.  I wanted to ask if you are happy this is now resolved?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi NeilO,

Yes, thank you - this is now finally resolved - only this morning in fact, when I finally received the refund back from BT, having been overcharged back in January....

It's hardly impressive, BT can take money in seconds, but even when a refund is requested, due, & agreed, it's taken weeks to get it back - but, yes, it is now resolved.

Fortunately, it should be the last BT 'mistake', what with billing issues, ever increasing charges, decreasing service, and in the mean time, what seems to be an intermittent line fault, I've decided this has been, and will be, the last BT renewal.

That aside, my sincere thanks to the Mods for their assistance - without their help, I doubt this would have been resolved yet...

Rgds,

Alan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you have an intermittent line fault, its not going to go away with a different provider, so this forum is the best place to get it resolved.

0 Ratings