cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Impossible to upgrade broadband

Go to solution

I am trying to upgrade my broadband online.

I get to the Choose your account section and it then asks

'Do you have a working home phone line with another company? '

and gives only 2 possible answers

Yes, takeover this line

No, I'd like a new line

Neither of these apply as I already have a BT line

How do I continue?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Impossible to upgrade broadband

Go to solution

I would suggest you use the options team as you are more likely to get a better deal than doing it online. Options team are uk based 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks,

but from previous experience of ringing BT, the sales staff just lie to you to make the sale.

Are the options team better than the rest?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes.  When I upgraded I used options team and I always use them when renewing my contract as you get best deals

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

Yes.  When I upgraded I used options team and I always use them when renewing my contract as you get best deals

I second that.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks both,

I phoned them up and got a £2.00 a month reduction and they waived the 49.99 activation fee.

Still annoying that it is so much more than what new customers pay though.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

that is no different to many companies where they give bigger discounts to attract new customers.  there is nothing stopping you moving ISP to be a 'new ' customer and get the discounts  you can do that everytime contract due to renew and save money if you can stand the stress and possiblity of no connection for a week or so at change over

0 Ratings