Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 11

In Maintenance Mode this morning?

Go to solution

Came downstairs this morning to find my Youview box sitting on the Maintenance Mode menu this morning after being left in standby (economy mode) before I went to bed.  I assume this happened as a result of the overnight update check.  It would not let me cancel out of it so had to go ahead and let if do a Software Reset.  No changes to my settings nor to the software level installed.  Anyone else ever seen this happen?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: In Maintenance Mode this morning?

Go to solution
Yes, it has happened at random times to a lot of us. There are some threads on here if you search. No explanation offered though I'm afraid! A bit of a pain if it happened when you are on holiday though. It should at least time out and go back into standby!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
So it would stop scheduled recordings activating? Yes, that would be a real bummer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

This keeps happening to me almost every day with a box I bought 2 months ago. It is such a pain resetting it every time and as you say, it was left in Standby (economy) mode. My previous box was the same model which eventually died, but NEVER had this problem Surely BT has afix from Humax for this???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

obvious solution is to change standy mode to 'always ready' my 4K box has all sorts of problems with Eco/ smart standby, You'll probably only save a tenner or so electric a year any way.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
I had this problem too, eventually ended up losing my recordings! Had no explanation. I resorted back to my old box but I'm not happy about it. BT customer service is shocking
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
can anyone tell me whether this works? I have the same problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Sorry, should have said does putting it into 'always ready' solve the problem. I have lost count of the number of times I have come back from holiday or from being away overnight to find that I have missed recordings that have been set up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Maintenance Mode definitely does stop recordings! I would love to know if anyone has solved this problem. I have Humax DTRT 2110.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Putting it to always on mode made no difference to me. Eventually after being stuck in a maintenance mode boot loop it factory reset itself and I lost everything. Gone back to my old box for now until I eventually get rid of BT
0 Ratings