cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jo_morley
Message 1 of 2

In Network Connections My Broadband is stated as being Disconnected and ...

.. via BT Voyager Modem whereas I have a Home Hub!

I have tried using the Start Up CD and it tells me that everything is OK ("Go!") but it isn't. I have Internet Connection but fear that, if I download or upload, then the charges will be horrendous!

This has happened before and I 'phoned BT. They used "ping" and "ipconfig" commands to reset it. I have been unlucky with the technicians whom I have 'phoned so far. They seem petulant (maybe just their style) and have given up on me.

Any advice appreciated. The annoying thing is that I know it is just a command or 2 away!

Jo Morley

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: In Network Connections My Broadband is stated as being Disconnected and ...

welcome to the forum

are you trying to connect wireless?

the concensus of the forum is that you should not install the BT cd and if you have you should uninstall it as it causes problems with wireless connections.  Just let windows do the connection and use the BT cd for a frisbee or bird scarer or coaster.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings