cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 51 of 106

Re: Incoming Messages Being Blocked on Infinity - Affects VPN and Games Consoles

Go to solution

Sorry I meant highest, my bad. That is just through the CMD, pinging bbc, 1460 is the highest without fragmentation.

I have spoken to EE and they are firmly pointing the finger at BT, and even say BT are aware of an issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 52 of 106

Re: Incoming Messages Being Blocked on Infinity - Affects VPN and Games Consoles

Go to solution
mine is 1460 aswell - my router is reset to standard settings....

Any ideas?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 106

Go to solution
Despite being a noob on this matter and looking at what people saying with a confused look on my face. I'd suggest stop faffing around with the mtu settings as it's clearly not going to work for us, particularly us with games consoles. As DF11 stated it changed without our intervention so just basically we need to wait it out until BT or whoever fixes it. I have always had my mtu on auto since the Ps3 came out in 2006 so that should tell you there is no need to mess about. And now the same set up with my PS4.
Obviously with vpn you guys have more moving room than us with consoles. With us on consoles we just need to wait. Put your mtu settings back on auto and sit tight.
Mark.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 54 of 106

Go to solution

@DF11 wrote:

Sorry I meant highest, my bad. That is just through the CMD, pinging bbc, 1460 is the highest without fragmentation.

I have spoken to EE and they are firmly pointing the finger at BT, and even say BT are aware of an issue.

EE are seeing that all users with a signalbox that are on BT are having the problem and have a reference for this EEIM502886. It looks to be affecting VPN and UDP broadcasts.

Not a lot you can do about it, but as mentioned previously you should never need to change it, as when the connection is made to your isp network, the MTU should be automatically assigned at modem side.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 55 of 106

Go to solution

I fired up my laptop this morning and am facing the exact same issue.

Cisco VPN sticks on "Negotiating security policies..."

Details from the router Helpdesk:

1. Product name:BT Home Hub

3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 15/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 01:12:27
6. Data rate:9999 / 39952
7. Maximum data rate:27034 / 84333
8. Noise margin:22.1 / 18.6
9. Line attenuation:12.2 / 11.9
10. Signal attenuation:12.2 / 12.0
11. Data sent/received:

14.7 MB / 89.0 MB

22. Firewall:Disabled
23. MAC Address: 
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0

IP is not shared as far as I can tell.

The TCP workaround does not work (no reply at all from my work's VPN so must be TCP only)

This happened to me a while back and I ended up switching from Plusnet to BT.

Troubled that it is now happening with BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 106

VPN Has stopped working

Go to solution

I have a BT HH5 with Inifity2

I connect to my work VPN (L2TP connection) using my laptop and just recently (thursday night) this functionality stopped working.
I have had a new Home Hub 5 supplied but never got round it installing it for a different prob with youview.. which I have now connected but am seeing the same problem.

I have reset it again to factory settings but still not working.
So this is 2 Home Hubs it does not work on (Type A & Type B). So I try to eliminate the laptop...
If I tether through my mobile phone the VPN works. If I take my laptop to a public wifi hotspot the VPN works so it seems like something on my BT line is preventing this.

Anyone else notice this?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 106

Re: VPN Issues BT Infinity 1

Go to solution

This is interesting..

I have just posted almost the exact same issue with VPN.. Which started occuring on the 13th too!

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/VPN-Has-stopped-working/m-p/1522007

Spoke to BT support and live chat and basically they told me it was my IT Dept at work.. As this includes me I smelled BS from the start.. wonder how many others are affected by this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 106

Go to solution

Ok so I started my own thread before I found this one so thought I'd add that I'm having same issues with VPN;

West Yorkshire area.

I have a BT HH5 with Inifity2

I connect to my work VPN (L2TP connection) using my laptop and just recently (thursday night) this functionality stopped working. I have no control over this VPN connection, all options are completely locked down.
I have had a new Home Hub 5 supplied but never got round it installing it for a different prob with youview.. which I have now connected but am seeing the same problem.

I have reset it again to factory settings but still not working.
So this is 2 Home Hubs it does not work on (Type A & Type B). So I try to eliminate the laptop...
If I tether through my mobile phone the VPN works. If I take my laptop to a public wifi hotspot the VPN works so it seems like something on my BT line is preventing this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 106

Go to solution

Nothing to do with your BT line, the problem is more to do with the BT Network and probably something they have changed nationwide.

BT will be (or should be) taking this seriously as I know VPN's are used widely within the NHS for their staff to access systems from home if needed.

Ideally we need an update from a moderator of what is happening and timescale to resolve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 60 of 106

Re: VPN Issues BT Infinity 1

Go to solution
@ SuperSajuuk

if you check out that other post you will see waxil has already posted there