Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilmac10
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Incoming call problem driving me nuts!

Go to solution

The phone rings and when I answer I get a buzzing noise. I hang up and the phone continues to ring and the process repeats. If i dont answer and the answer machine starts, the same thing happens. After the machine stops the phone starts ringing again and will go on for as much as 10-15minutes repeating this.

The person calling just hears a continuous ring tone as if nobody is home. Even when they hang up my landline is still ringing...even when i hang up and they hang up, my landline still rings. It only stops if i answer the call and put the phone down for at least 30secs, then it goes dead and i can put the phone back on the dock without it ringing. 1471 logs the calll and the number.

Ive plugged the phone directly into the test socket and same thing happens. Im posting here in case its something very simple thats causing it. I should say its intermittent but when it starts it lasts a few days then all is back to normal but this time its a week already and becoming a pain.

Infinity 2 working as normal throughout.

Thanks in advance for any pointers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
NeilO
Message 2 of 8

Re: Incoming call problem driving me nuts!

Go to solution

@neilmac10 If you've tried an know working phone in the test socket and you're still having problems then it's likely a fault on the network.  If you contact the faults live chat team on this link they'll be able to test the line and report any problems to Openreach.

0 Ratings
neilmac10
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, sorted the next day.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @neilmac10 Thanks for posting back and good to hear it was fixed quickly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
sean_01
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi

I have the exact same problem.  When you contacted BT did they say there was a possibility of being charged £130 for the engineer call out?

Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
if the fault is at the test socket you will not be charged the 130.00 is an advisory incase the fault is after the test socket on your extension wiring or anything connected to your extension sockets
0 Ratings
neilmac10
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
The chat help supposedly ran a test on the line and said the fault was at the exchange and an engineer would sort it within 48hrs. Was fixed the folllowing day and no problems since then.
0 Ratings
sean_01
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ok cheers

0 Ratings