Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Incorrect IP profile for Broadband

Hello,

I am on BT Infinity Option 2 (76 Down, 19 Up). I have been plagued with low transfer speeds for the past 2 months, on an average i get 17Mbps down and 16 Mbps up.

On the BT diagnostics website, it shows the speed coming into my house is limited to 22Mbps! 😕

How do I go about fixing this? Can someone here assist or do I have to speak to customer service to get this sorted.

Regards,

SC

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Incorrect IP profile for Broadband

Just because you are on Infinity2 it does not mean your line will be able to support the maximum speed that Infinity2 can supply.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hello, Thank you for your offer to help. Here are the results that you had requested.

Capture.PNG

Image 1.PNG

Image 2.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

your connection time is only 5 hrs is your router dropping connection or are your doing manual resets or both?

your down speed looks capped at 30mb and noise margin very high at 22db whereas for most normal is about 6db

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option2 should be quiet no hiss/crackle/buzz and best done with corded phone   if cordless then dull hum normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Your estimate shows your speeds should be somewhere between 70mbs and 80mbps, and the homehub stats show your line can support the maximum so you should be getting somewhere near 78Mbps.

It looks as though DLM (Dynamic Line Management) has lowered your speeds to try and maintain a stable connection. This could be as a result of noise on your line or some other fault. Carry out the check that imjolly has suggested to see if there is any noise on your line however I suspect you are going to have to report a fault to BT and have them send out an engineer to check what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I tried the quiet line test and nothing out of the ordinary, I mean no hiss/crackle/buzz.

I will call the service desk and ask them to log a call out. In case they don't agree, I will be back here again for advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

oh yes, forgot. The manual resets were on advice on the service desk as part of their diagnostics.

0 Ratings