cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiedfish
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Incorrect bill since we moved home - disconnected by BT

I really hope someone can help as I am getting annoyed to say the least at the false promises made by BT.

We moved home in September and the home move didn't go well to say the least.  BT issued us with 3 different telephone numbers as they were unable to take over the line as Talk Talk had it previously.  When I contacted BT to see what our new number would actually be, I was advised to wait until we moved in and use the phone to ring my mobile and then I would see the number!!!!!  BT then disconnected us at our old address first thing in the morning so we had no means of contacting solicitors and removal team as we had no mobile signal.  When we moved into the new house we were without broadband for 5 days.

Our first bill arrived for September and we had been charged 3 lots of anytime calls - which I can only presume was for the 3 different numbers we were allocated prior to moving.  I contacted BT who advised they would refund the extra 2 charges and give us a £10 goodwill gesture.

October bill was received and still being charged for 3 lots of anytime calls and no refunds had been processed.  Called BT again who advised that they had made a mistake and the bill should only be £17.90 and not £49.80.  Was promised refunds would be made, I advised that I had been promised the previous month about refunds and they hadn't happened and that I would be cancelling the direct debit until a correct bill was produced.

Checked my account online several days later and noticed no refunds had been processed, called BT again and was this time escalated to a manager who advised she would look into and call back within 3 days - Still waiting!!!!!!

Received letter from BT advising they were going to restrict our service because of non payment.  Contacted BT Chat on 28/10/13 and was promised a full refund yet again plus additional payment (£112 in total) for my wasted time contacting them to sort out.

30/10/13 - service restricted by BT.  Contacted BT again and spoke to someone in the UK who advised they would reconnect us within 24 hours so I could e-mail a copy of the BT Chat promising £112 refund from 28/10/13.

1/11/13 - still not reconnected, so e-mailed contact above to see what was happening - no response

2/11/13 - Still not reconnected so called BT again, and spoke to someone else who promised to personally get the matter resolved.  Was advised that our account had been closed and a new service ordered.  Was told that until such times as a final bill was produced showing the refund, our line could not be resumed.

6/11/13 - Phoneline totally disconnected, called 150 to see what final bill amount was, clearly no refunds had been processed. Sent e-mail to person spoken to on 2/11/13 to see what was happening - no response.

9/11/13 - Contacted BT again to get copy of paper bill sent out as I couldn't get access online as no broadband.  Billing department advised someone would call back within 48 hours to resolve - still waiting.

20/11/13 - received text from BT advising to contact billing department.  Advised the order we had placed ?????? would be processed within 24 hours.  Advised no order had been placed, but ascertained it was our re-connection.

Checked my BT account online and on November bill we were charged £7.50 for late payment charge and £2 for payment processing fee.  I advised BT I would not pay bill until correct one received - still waiting!!!!  Also charged for 3 weeks of line rental and broadband for period BT restricted our service and then disconnected us.

December bill received - charge for £4.80 for duplicate bill which was never received and a £18 re-connection charge.  To charge us line rental for a period when we had no phone and then have the audacity to charge us to reconnect is beyond belief.

January bill received, now being charged for privacy at home!!!!!! A free service up until now, a service which probably doesn't cost BT anything to provide, a service mobile phone companies manage to provide for nothing.  Have called BT again today to refund and cancel this service.  Also queried above charges only to be told because they are from a previous bill thay can't do this.  Advised I would like to speak to supervisor, declined and and advised they would say the same.  Was more persistent, so have been advised I will get a call back within 24 hours.  Bearing in mind NO previous callbacks have been received, I'm not holding my breath.

Throughout all of the above problems, I have never once been contacted by BT when promised.  I have had no call from customer services to apologise for the errors made by BT, and have been left feeling totally let down by BT.  I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years, but this doesn't seem to count for anything.  Needless to say when my 12 month contract comes to an end, I will be leaving.

Can someone/anyone in BT please call me to discuss all of the above and advise when a refund and some means of compensation will be offered.  You should have my contact details considering you are providing me with the service, but you always seem to communicate via text or leaving garbled messages on my mobile.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Incorrect bill since we moved home - disconnected by BT

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
ChristopherP
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Incorrect bill since we moved home - disconnected by BT

Hi jamiedfish,

If you fill out the contact us form located in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings