Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ant140
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Incorrect billing/package

Go to solution

Hi

I am having a lot of trouble resolving a billing/package issue following a recent renewal of a 12 month contract. In short, I am on (slightly) the wrong package and am being overcharged by £20 compared to what was agreed.

Detailed version as follows:

- Late August, I call 30 days ahead of renewal date to recontract for further 12 months.

- Agreed a price for same package as I had (making it clear I wanted exactly the same channels as I had currently, as well as BT inifinty 1). The TV package name sounded different but he assured me it was exactly same channels as I already had.

- Agent came up a price I was ok with, but commented that an email that would come through would not show the final price (£48.49) it would be a further £4 or £5 higher since he would be giving me an extra discount that it was not possible to show in the email. He He assured me I would get this and that the call was recorded so there would be no issue.

- I received email, confirming start date of 26th September, with the price being £4 higher than agreed price but since he told me this would happen I did not nothing, and next bill was not for another month.

- 26th September comes round and I lose BT Sport 4K and I am billed what looks to be ‘full’ price: £68.49+call charges. I call BT and after explaining, they listen to the phone call where I recontracted, agree with everything I say, and say the will email the original agent + manager for them to put everything right. It seems to be logged as a complaint.

- I do nothing for a couple of weeks as I am away, but when I am back nothing has been resolved from what I can tell so I call BT and they say they will email the agent + manager and they will get back to me either same day or tomorrow.

- Nothing happens I call again, and they say they will email as before and says they will get in contact with me.

Nobody has contacted me and I am still without BT Sport 4K. All I want is to be in the position that was agreed on the phone call where I recontracted: paying £48.49 per month for the same internet+TV as I had in my first year.

Please can a mod look into this as I am getting nowhere on the telephone with BT Customer services.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ant140
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incorrect billing/package

Go to solution

Probably information overload above so a more concise version is:

Please help - I am being charged £20 more than agreed since I recontracted and have had BT Sport 4K removed. BT over the phone agree with me but have only sent internal emails and nobody is actually rectifying the situation.

Please let me know what I can do to get this situation fixed as phone calls are getting me nowhere.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @ant140 Sorry that you have not been put on the package agreed and and lost your BT Sport in 4K.

I'm sure that the complaints team are working to get this corrected for you. However, if you send us your details we will be happy to chase this along for you to get it fixed asap. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
ant140
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

All resolved. Thank you Patrick for the update calls and for putting everything right. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings