cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Incorrect cashback amount topcashback declined

I signed up to the full bt package infinity broadbansd, tv, and mobile (all at the same time and in the same transaction). I was expecting £205 cashback to track in topcashback. It's tracked at £162.75, i logged an incorrect cashback with topcashback and it's just come back declined with no reason. Please can somebody help, i signed up with BT expecting the full amount of cashback or i would not have taken the mobile. And i wanted the homehub6 (which i can't use as every 2 days it reboots and wifi won't connect) luckily i have a homehub5 i bought.

Please can someone help? 

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Incorrect cashback amount topcashback declined

Well i hope someone can sort both cashbacks out as there is something ovbiously wrong, and i hate a declined cashback with no reason whatsoever. I could possibly understand if it didnt track for us both, but its tracked fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

I doubt it as the cashback was through a third party, from what ive seen on here they seem to sort these issues out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 29

If the order reference for the online order tracker starts with AJM the mods may be able to help - see this recent thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Topcashback-Claim-Declined/td-p/1679300

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 29

Hi @lancia and @mcfield,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Ok sent you details, and my order did start AJM too. Hope you can help us out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

This has happened to me as well, although the mods already know all about my problems as there has been so many of them... maybe i should count myself lucky in this instance as my cashback tracked at £175.

Goven that the cashback tracked ok, I think if you took it to the small claims court, as long as you had adhered to the terrms and conditions of the actual cashback offer and had honoured your part of the contrct without cancelling or altering your order, then I think you wuld have an excellent chance of winning the case. And yes, I am aware that cashback is not guarranteed, but that refers t situations where the cashback does not track or the referral originated through another site, or the consumer attempted to claim cashback in conjunction with another offer and this was forbidden in the cashback t&cs. In this case BT are not denying the cashback, but rather the amount and I think it owuld be easy to prove what the advertised cashback rate was on the day you signed up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Well lets see if they can sort this, not even thinking legal action at this point in time, even the hub6 which is a door stop at this point in time i am willing to give them till the next firmware to fix as i think its firmware sortable and i suppose i am lucky ive got a 5 to fall back on as some don't. But i am reasonable, i don't however understand why my claim was denied and would have liked to know why as i did everythingvi was supposed to do and the cashback was one of the main reasons i signed up and also why i went for the full package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Well I have had an incorrect cashback claim denied, been told I'm ineligible for my reward card, and I'm being charged £26/month instead of the £10/month I signed up to. Aas you can imagaine I am fully prepared to do whatever it takes to get everything I was promised by BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

That's fair enough. But like i said im not at that point yet. If they sort this out and hopefully fix the hub6 issues i'm happy.
0 Ratings