Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Incorrect final bill and nobody wants to help

Go to solution

Its quite simple really but i have phoned several times and each time i have been told its sorted and it isnt, and i get lie after lie

On 6th JUNE i left bt for another provider for both broadband and calls, this went without hitch

I received a bill dated 4th June total £41.34 thats £11.72 calls and £29.59 line rental and infinity 1 charge up to 3 July and this was paid by direct debit

So i have overpaid by 28 days , i rang to complain and was told it was still active , this should have been cancelled automatically when you switch provider and was told they would sort it, has to go to some special department

Roll onto 5th July i receive another bill for £31.66 for line rental etc up to 3 August

I rang yet again and was told phone hasnt been cancelled correctly and i would get a refund and it has to go to this magical special department

Roll on 12th July i finally get a final bill , you have refunded chargs for July-August and say i owe you £4.15 ?

I rang to complain yet again, i have been told by **Edited**  i am owed £30.77 and i would receive a text in a few minutes to confirm

You guessed it no text, just checked with online chat and it still says i owe you £4.15 so looks lie i have been lied to again

You can check my account and you will see from 6th June there is no activity on my account, no calls inbound or outbound and no broadband

So i want a refund for the overpayment i have made on the 4th June bill from 6th June  to  3rd July

I of course have evidence from my new provider as i have bills and emails to confirm my switch overdate

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Incorrect final bill and nobody wants to help

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

This may help to work out how you have been charges.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36061/kw/notice%20period/c/345,6375,7472

Remember that you have to give BT 30 days notice, to avoid any charges.

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies

I did give them notice as i had to ring and let them know i was leaving because of the price increase , they didnt add any termination charges so that bit was done correctly

Will await  a mod to respond, hopefully they will sort it because the call centre and live help certainally cant 🙂

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

No i didnt leave it too late, received price increase notice on 8th May, gave BT notice day after and then switched provider through the normal switching process

I got a Email from Bt on 18 May confirming the switch

Another service provider has told us you want to move your phone line and broadband over to them on 06-Jun-2016. So we're taking this as notice that you want to stop these services with us on that date.

If that's not right, or you've changed your mind, please get in touch with us on 0800 345 7311 as soon as you can. The sooner you call us the easier it is to change things. If we don't hear from you by 2pm on 02-Jun-2016, your services will automatically be moved on 06-Jun-2016.

When you leave BT

We'll send you a final bill with the amount you need to pay. It'll include charges for the services you have with us, including line rental and calls, up to and including 06-Jun-2016. We'll take this payment in the same way we took your previous payments. So, if you've been paying by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan, please don't cancel it until we've taken your final payment. This means the credit or debit balance you have can go towards your final bill, and you'll get any refund due to you faster by Direct Debit than cheque.

Charges for ending your contract early

You won't have to pay any charges for ending your contract

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @deanos

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I'm sorry that you're still receiving bills since moving your services to another service provider.  You should have received a final bill when the services transferred over and I'm sorry it took so long for that to happen.

Send us over your details and we will give you a hand to sort everything out.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks, have sent a message 🙂

0 Ratings
deanos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

How long for a reply, the email said 48 hours, this is the 8th day 😞

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Its only the 5th working day, Sat and Sun do not count. Mods are very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings