Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizzie111s
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Incorrectly charged and refusal to reimburse

Hi there,

what is the Bt policy for reimbursal of charges due to a mistake by BT? I moved house in AUGUST 2014. At the same time changing the direct debit. A new BT account was created and I assumed the old account was closed. There were some other mistakes made in not merging the old to new accounts, but I'll stay away from those at present.

My main beef is that I recently discovered that BT HAVE CONTINUED TO DEBIT CHARGES FOR THE OLD HOUSE. Now that I have discovered this I contacted bt to request reimbersal, to be told that BT policy is only to reimburse 3 months, but did me a favour of reimbursing 6 months. i asked to talk to supervisor, who called me back on the wrong phone number at the wrong prearranged time. He told me in a very rude way of the policy and refused to look at it any further.

I have read threads where the above has not been followed and where BT has reimbursed 6 years of incorrect charges. So what is the policy and why? Alternatively give me a number that I can call without spending 4 hours on the phone to only get to an off shore call centre who waste my time.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Incorrectly charged and refusal to reimburse

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 3

Re: Incorrectly charged and refusal to reimburse

Hi @lizzie111s,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you weren't able to reach an agreement when you sppoke with the supervisor. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings