Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Incorrectly charged for BT Sport

Go to solution

Hi, hope someone can help me please.

31 March 2017,
I signed up as a new customer taking bt tv and infinity.

First few months had no issues with the service or bills.

6 August
Received my bill and found a £3.50 charge for BT sport.

Did an online live chat (LC) and the LC said the charge was correct as all customers were now being charged for bt sport, I told the LC that when I placed my order in March, my order stated that bt sport would be free for 12 months.
My order also said that if prices were to increase while in contract I would be notified first, I have never been notified that I would be getting charged for bt sport
LC said that customers were sent letters in January / February, I had to point out to LC that I only became a customer in March after those letters were sent out.
LC then said an email would’ve been sent to me, I asked the LC can you re-send this email or provide the date email was sent, as I have never received it, LC said this was not possible and couldn’t tell me either when the email was sent to me.

After half hour of chatting I was put through to a call centre person and had to go through all the same conversation with them all over again.
The person after talking to their manager finally agreed that I was incorrectly being charged the £3.50 and my account would be credited the £3.50 on my September bill and I would not have to pay the bt sport charge for remainder of my contract.
I asked for an email confirmation of this refund but was told this was not possible but a message was put on my account about me getting the bt sport for free as per my original order.

7 September today, received my bill and guess what, no refund for the August charge and another charge for September.

Am furious now as I am clearly being incorrectly charged, was promised that I would be refunded and absolutley nothing has happened!!

I honestly do not want to spend another hour on live chat / phone and get nowhere all over again, please can someone help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Incorrectly charged for BT Sport

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @17_Jay

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you've been charged for BT Sport when you've been told it would be free.  I also agree with your comments that when you're promised a refund it should have happened.

Can you send us over your details and we will help you?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie, I have just sent the details over.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call this morning @17_Jay. I've applied the refund as promised. Let me know if there are any other problems and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for you call David and for arranging the refund.

As discussed, hopefully the billing will be correct going forward, thanks again, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @17_Jay,

I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. I've checked the bill and it's all in order. Are you happy for me to close things off at this stage?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi David, thanks for your call earlier, apologies I missed it.

Yes the billing is all correct now, thanks very much for sorting this and yes please close the issue off.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @17_Jay

Nice one - Glad to see all is sorted.

I'll let @DavidM know.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings