cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Incorrectly charged for bt sport

Hi,

Recently signed up for bt infinity and bt tv package and was connected on 22/08. Paid my first bill on 01/09. Received my next and most recent bill on 08/09 but under a heading named 'changes since your last bill' it states that I have been charged for bt sport on BT TV+APP?! and that this has been added to my bill total!! I have never even used the bt tv app and only ever watch sport through my tv, regardless of this, I get bt sport free for 12 months so it shouldn't be added to my bill anyway!! On my bill breakdown it does show the charge for bt sport and also shows the discount for bt sport so I can see I'm getting it for free for 12 months, just then under my bill total it has this additional charge for bt sport which is then added to my bill total!! I have spent an hour tonight on live chat talking to someone called Anjwar and just going round in circles with him continuously telling me that my bill looks correct and then saying I should phone the consumer department as he is with billing and doesn't deal with charges (which I find a bit mental as it is concerning my bill?!), when I know for a fact that I can see I've been charged for bt sport twice in the same bill but discounted once, you don't have to be Rachel Riley to figure it out!! Also when I took this online deal, I was led to believe that sky sports would be £22 for the duration of my contract, not even a month into my contract and it's gone up to £27.50!! And on top of all that, I took the package to coincide with moving into my new house just to find out the damn thing doesn't even have a rooftop/loft aerial so I can't watch any channels apart from the ones that bt provide through the router, so basically just sport!! Starting to wish I just stayed with sky and will no doubt go back to them if these problems continue

sorry for banging on and appreciate any advice given,

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incorrectly charged for bt sport

Hi @Fafwad and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your bills etc. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you if you wish. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @DavidM.

Thank you for your response. I have been on to live chat again this morning and seemed to get someone who knew what they was doing this time 🙂 they have told me that the overcharge has been refunded and will appear on my next bill and that I will not be charged for bt sport for the remainder of my 12 month contract, I suppose I won't know if this is definite until I receive my next bill on 08/10 but I'm happy to take her word for it until then! I'm not sure if you could help with the sky sports issue as I've since found out that the price was increasing to £27.50 pm from 01/08 but I was never made aware of this at any point during taking out my package and was led to believe it was £22 pm...I might just have to take that one on the chin although it's slightly annoying as I feel like that was hidden and should have been made aware to me in a clear way. As for the aerial, I know bt use a company called TSG(I think that's right!?) to manage aerial installations etc, but unsure as to wether I can be helped with that now or I would be better off contacting a local aerial installer myself?

Thanks again David for replying so soon and any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Fafwad and thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad you've got the charges issue sorted. There's nothing we can do about the price increase. You should have been sent a letter or email confirming that was due to happen. We do recommend TSG as an aerial installer but you can use a local company if that suits.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings