cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 51

Re: Incredibly Slow Broadband for 10 days

Hi just a matter of waiting for the modsto contact you know there is little you can do now
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 51

Yes I guess so. Its incredibly frustrating niot knowing what the root cause is and whether BT are able to do anything or even taking this seriously 

One thing I don't understand is why its affecting my house only and not those around me in or in the same street.

Just for the record it dropped out again this morning at 4:45am and went down to 160kbps before reconnecting.

Noise level is high now as below. I expect it will settle back down after 9am as it usually does 😕

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 3:49:40
Downstream160 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)27.9 dB / 12.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)11.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.12 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :0.16 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbp

0 Ratings
mikew650
Contributor
Message 43 of 51

Hello

I have similar problems with some disconnections, usually late evenings or early mornings and when there are heavy rain storms. I have a long rural line with an ASDL 1 up to 8 meg exchange.

Leaving my router on 24/7 resulted in low IP proflie and downgrading of my Taget S.N.R from 9 to 12 db when I had a lot of disconnects last year. It still disconnects at these times with the higher TSNR so the higher margin is no of help, only reducing my connection speed.

I get the most stable and best connection during the day, from morning till mid evening. I have tried leaving on for 24/7 but find because of the noise event it will reconnect at a lower speed thus reducing my IP profile.

I have found the IP profile will increase in 3 days without  being on 24/7. I can turn my router off after about an hour  and not switch on again till the next day etc and providing It connects at the speed range for the higher Ip Profle, the profile will increase.

This is the way I use my broadband now as my line is too unsatable to leave on 24/7 and risk a further increase in the TSNR. So now I switch off my router when not in use and If I get caught by a bad disconnect I use the method above to get my profile back to speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 51

@Vaughan

getting worse just need to be patient until your email reaches the top of the mod inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 51

mikew650 wrote:

I have found the IP profile will increase in 3 days without  being on 24/7. I can turn my router off after about an hour  and not switch on again till the next day etc and providing It connects at the speed range for the higher Ip Profle, the profile will increase.

It will depend on your profile method of resetting - according to kitz and still seems to hold if you read the forum posts - 60% will recover profile in hours depending on percentage increase required, 40% still take 3/5 days connected 24/7 and finally the new profile system which is 88.2% of connection speed and changes immediately  this will help

check profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 51

Someone from BT rang - they have been assigned to my case. The SNR? has been changed and they want to see what difference that makes over the next 24hrs and will then ring again.

Results from home hub show that noise level is down and that letency type has changed to fast - not sure what that means?

Anyway its just nice to know someone is actually doing something. He said if this did not work then an engineer would need to come out.

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:07:45
Downstream2,176 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.3 dB / 14.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)17.1 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)22
Loss of Signal (Local)2
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)5 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)16
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 51

looks good just now with normal noise margin.  run btspeedtester and see if profile increased to match your increased speed.

just need to leave it and see it the connection stays stable

Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 51

mikew650 it may work for you but generally bad advise to keep restarting the hub as the best stability is found with a continuous connection also it sounds like your noise margin is to high due to the disconnections therefore reducing your possible connection speed if you would like more help then please start your own post and we can help you with your connection
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 51

just keep us posted
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 51

Will do. Thanks Chaps

You have been incredibly helpful and its very much appreciated. 

0 Ratings