cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 51

Re: Incredibly Slow Broadband for 10 days

The mods will need to see at least 3days stable connection before they can reset your profile also it should release automatically before then  the problem  looks like a faulty hub as your connection is  now at the speed it should be at 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 51

I agree it certainly looks like a hub problem as stats now look ok with about normal 6db noise margin.  time will tell if it holds conenction tonight

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 51

Would a faulty hub explain why I have experienced drop outs and/or extremely low speeds at pretty much the same time every evening?

Yesterday I was connected by home hub and the downstream speeds were also quite high until it all went pear shaped at 10pm. Dropped out, reconnected at the new low incoming speed (256kpbs)  but the connection clock had to start all over again. I think it also went down again at 3am, lost connection and reconnected at 160Kbps.  This is the seemingly unescapable loop I'm stuck in 😞 

Also please note that at the low speed times the router was reporting very high noise margins which I thought was suggesting that the problem was with the line not the hub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 51

need to wait now as stats look ok and see if connection drops again tonight or if router chnage has sorted it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 51

Sigh - 10:45pm connection lost on the D-Link. Won't reconnect so as an experiment I swap to home hub -  that does connect with these stats.... 

Back to square one it seems

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:01:53
Downstream320 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.4 dB / 13.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)12.7 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)6824 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)177 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)12

0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 51

Is the downstrean output power a clue or is that just a function of downsream speed? The two do seem to be correlated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 51

downstream power looks fine

0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 51

Also looks like the noise margin is ok? but very low downstream speed?  Not seen that before

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 51

hi without seeing a speedtest it is difficult to say about the download speed looking at your hub stats the down connection speed is correct
0 Ratings
Vaughan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 51

Sppedtest results... 

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.11 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :0.32 Mbp

0 Ratings