Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Incredibly poor upload speed

Go to solution
My downstream just stayed at 5 after a few days of to rocking my ping up and down along with my speed.

Also I think the bell wire acts now as like a receiver for noise and sends it to the master socket, so should i remove the bell wires?

And yes, ouch
0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution
Oops didn't see it post just now on the bell wire
0 Ratings
drake178
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@Zacg99 wrote:
My downstream just stayed at 5 after a few days of to rocking my ping up and down along with my speed.

Then it's probably reset, although I'd still wait out the full 5 days uptime. The bellwire will definitely help if you do it right though, but I don't know whether the noise margin changes automatically or needs manual re-tuning.

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution
It's always been at 23 for up 🙂
0 Ratings
drake178
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@Zacg99 wrote:
It's always been at 23 for up 🙂

Actually, 2 months ago, it was 20...

0 Ratings
Zacg99
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution
Is that much of a difference?
0 Ratings
drake178
Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

@Zacg99 wrote:
Is that much of a difference?

That's where my expertise ends 😛

I would say it might, but more importantly, the difference is high enough to make me think it might have something to do with the line not settling down yet. You really should wait out the 5 days before worrying about this 😄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@Zacg99 wrote:

4. 97 mb/s down 

0.30 mb/s up 🙂

That is about right, you will not get anything faster unless you are upgraded to ADSL2+

ADSL max connects at only 448Kbs, so an upload speed of about 300Kbs, is correct.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
drake178
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

I think Zac's trying to get back to the 0.38 he posted about a few months ago, but I have no idea how that works. I personally don't think it's a big difference (long things would still take long), but I don't think it hurts to ask, I probably would too 😛

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@drake178 wrote:

I think Zac's trying to get back to the 0.38 he posted about a few months ago, but I have no idea how that works. I personally don't think it's a big difference (long things would still take long), but I don't think it hurts to ask, I probably would too 😛

Leaving it connected, without any interruptions, for a few weeks, may cause a small rise in the IP profile, but its not going to make much difference.