Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 21

Re: India are confused about YouView

Go to solution

Perhaps so, but if you can't get through to someone who has a clue what you're on about is it really?

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

After the last couple of months with all the bad customer support ive had with BT i have decided to BILL BT for every minute i have spent on phone talking to people that i cannot understand and are not trained to deal with problems ,up to yet they owe me about a 1,000 pounds without VAT ................

cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Well good luck getting that off them

0 Ratings
Gonemad1
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

One or two here might be interested in knowing that since changing my isp from Bt to another this month (Line rental currently still Bt), i have streamed & downloaded over triple what i would normally, & my monitor with the new isp is showing less than 5gb's used.
And i seriously mean i have watched about 10hours worth of stuff at least!.
If i'd watched this amount while with Bt my usage would've normally be well over 20gb's by now, & that's not including the vision catchup which i was always certain added at least an additional 100-200mb's for each hours worth of Non HD programmes watched.

I was always sure that Bt's usage monitor was wrong & over evaluating my use during my two years with them, now i'm finally certain of it!. 

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I bet the speeds steadier as well .

0 Ratings
Gonemad1
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

@hitman wrote:

I bet the speeds steadier as well .

The BB speed has always been consistant (Speed Wise) no matter which isp i've used. Strangely enough i just had more problems with the service while with Bt than i did with any other. This combined with Bt's misleading advertising, lying & sarcastic staff, indian based call centre, extremely poor customer service & inability to resolve issues in a reasonable time, plus their high prices for a less adequate service & television, has all contributed to my eventual departure!.
Just seems that everything Bt puts out there is either half-baked, faulty, bugged to f***, not as expected or seemingly promised, & more importantly you feel that you're under-valued & over opinionated as one of their customers compared to many other providers out there.

EDIT - Example - This morning i streamed a 105 minute high def movie through LF player, total usage so far registered for today is at 504mb's!.
Would've been at least double that with Bt monitor.

0 Ratings
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I'm sorry GONEMAD1 but your comments by and large have nothing to do with my original post. 

If you have been unhappy with the service you had from BT then it's your right to change ISP but your accusations of lying and sarcastic BT staff etc. are not appropriate to a forum like this and add no value.

0 Ratings
Gonemad1
Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@chrisp18 wrote:

I'm sorry GONEMAD1 but your comments by and large have nothing to do with my original post. 

If you have been unhappy with the service you had from BT then it's your right to change ISP but your accusations of lying and sarcastic BT staff etc. are not appropriate to a forum like this and add no value.

Well i disagree!.
At least you are sorry though.

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

I have to say that I have been lied to in some SPECTACULAR ways by both Indian and UK based call centre staff...one even told me that 'the internet in your area is currently broken,' - a personal fave of mine - even though I had a great bband connection and the error was with the old BTV box alone...

Having said that, I do feel for them a lot - it can't be fun for them as they must get some terrible stick for not knowing much -a fault of the training regime, undoubtedly. 

As for teeting, I could say whatever I liked...incite a revolution, call for the extermination of cute puppies, whatever really....as no-one follows poor old me!! 😉

Re the bband usage monitor - as I've said before on here, I got my new contract for this home - totally unrelated to my old, some time previously cancelled one - to go live on a Tuesday morning at 8am (when I received the SMS). The Parcelforce delivery arrived at 1pm and I had both the HH3 and the BTV boxc set up and working at around 3.30pm - I was doing otehr things - and one of the first things I did was to check my email online by PC rather than my smartphone.............drum roll please.........and saw an email timed at 01:23 that morning telling me I had used 7Gb of my alloted 10Gb, swiftly followed by an email at 01:44 telling me I had gone over my 10Gb allowance.

Now, forgetting the fact that I didn't have ANy equipment to use my broadband connection OR even the fact that the engineer didn't enable it until gone 8am, racking up over 10Gb (12.1 as it turned out) in 1hr 44mins on a line that was then rated at a max of 2.4Mb...on a new install, not yet settled remember.....seems a little tough to manage to me.

I reported this to BT who told me that their uage monitor 'just didn't do mistakes' or some such, and refused to back down when faced with the mathematical impossibility AND the logistical impossibility of the situation....that was truly one of the MOST absurd conversations I have EVER had....

On the same note, I originally called up a couple of weeks ago to cancel my contract as BT were trying to charge me for going over my usage limit (again, still 10Gb), which in all fairness I almost certainly WAS doing. However, as my usage monitor hadn't worked since late August, it was stuck on the 'essential maintenance' message, we had a different opinion as to who was to blame. 

Long and short of it was the BT salesman chappie gave me the 40Gb download limit, a YV box - which he forgot to order - a reduced permanent price (over the old 10Gb price) and 6months of discounted BTV (YV) Unlimited (£4pm off IIRC)........funniest thing was, as soon as he put the new contract through there and then as 'live' something in the proces kickstarted the meter back into life and its been fine since.

As for does the YV OD activity count towards your download usage, the answer is actually, 'it depends.'

According to the BT junk I received with my order, IF you take BT broadband and BTV Unlimited then ALL activity, be it 4OD, iPlayer, NOWTV, anything to come in the future, does NOT count towards your download limit.

If you take the lesser options of BTV then any IPTV (i.e. non-freeview/aerial received) OTHER than that provided by BT (Box Office, Sport etc...) WILL count towards your download limit...in toerh words, if you don't pay BT for the programme you will pay them to receive the programme....seems fair enough to me....

As for the issue of broadband speeds, I've only been with BT here - it's a new build and I'm the only person ever to have lived ehre - and my BB speed has risen over 15months from 2.3Mb to over 4Mb minimum, with a 2 1/2 month period of 0.1Mb-0.4Mb owing to a fault somewhere.....seems very odd that the line speed has steadily kept on increasing, especially when you factor in that I was one of the first to move into this development and even now, some 2 1/2 years llater people are still moving in, taking up BB and therefore putting more strain on the same amount of resource / capacity......I honestly can't work it out and networksing / security is what I do for a living.....

On the 'half-baked and faulty' YV issue, I kind of agree BUT there is a problem with taking another approach. IF BT had delayed their offering there would have been an exodus from BT to TT or retail non-sub boxes and they seem to suffer in all the same ways from what I've seen of the online reports of TT's issues and the YV forum's huge list of complaints from the retail box owners....so I have absolute sympathy in that respect and tend to think that so long as they keep working to solve ALL the issues, not just most or even worse, 'some,' then I'll cut them some slack...not something I usually do for BT tbh...of course, I'd probably have a different opinion if I was suffering from the big, service disrupting issues but, touch wood, I'm not so far...................................

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

People have a right to complain about bad service ....so why should some perspiring expert say different ..i too have had bad service ,bad manners ,and been lied to.............if you dont want to hear complaints  you shouldnt be on here the forums are full of them .............good advertising  on BTs part eh ............

0 Ratings