cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaykyte
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

India

Just looking round the forums and alot of posts seem to point that people are unhappy that BT uses overseas call centers. Obviously BT do this to try to keep costs down etc , but what would their customers really like ?

I myself have been put through to the Indian call center and TBH , most of the time you may as well talk to a brickwall to get the assistance we pay for , surely its better to speak to someone who actually knows the problems etc rather than reading a script...

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
FlamingDeath
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: India

The real beef people have with British India Telecom call centres are we just cant understand what they are saying, they could be the brainiest techy in the world, but if they cant communicate with the end user then whats the point. Its no difference than me (English) being forwarded to a Scottish techy, if i cant understand their heavy accent, its just a pointless exercise.

0 Ratings
ronin22
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

profit has no country,loyalty, flag, race or religion, it goes where its soul is best served.

But you know that. Smiley Very Happy

ronin22

In the end we will all be star dust.
Then start all over again.
0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

@ronin22 wrote:

profit has no country,loyalty, flag, race or religion, it goes where its soul is best served.

But you know that. Smiley Very Happy

ronin22

Well said!

I always email then wait for a call back. When the call comes it is from india but the person understands my problem from reading the email. Most of the time they tend to sort the problem then call straight away. I would reccomend it to anyone!

0 Ratings
Ediam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

0 Ratings
Highlighted
neon21
Message 6 of 10

its all about the profit where you can earn it make the points.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Moss
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Can someone explain this :  When making a phone call to BT and being connected to BT-INDIA!   If you ask the bt India rep  to transfer your call to a British BT call centre, they refuse to do so; and blatently tell you they cannot do that!

I've always assumed that it is the right of all British citizens to request their telephone call be transferred to the UK!   In fact I'm sure it's a point of law that all companies that operate within the UK must provide this service?  Then why not BT?

This will probably be edited by some BT Boffin.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

IMO, if the people are trained with the required acsent then there should be no problem from where they are providing support to which people.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

@ServerExperts wrote:

IMO, if the people are trained* with the required acsent# then there should be no problem from where they are providing support to which people.

Fair enough but

* they should be trained for all enquiries, not just to read a script and be rude if the script is inadequate.

# the required accent is often not present. Some probably do dodgy spelling also.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Hi Potty,

You forgot one item - they should always tell the truth!

Michael.

Edit -- At the end of the day, the BT fat cats don't care about  us - they probably don't know we exist!

0 Ratings