Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
letdown
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Indian call centre nightmare frustration

Go to solution

Hi,

I am very fed up speaking to the BT Indian call centre.  Back in August, I requested a letter from BT because there was a problem and I went through a number of call centre staff because if I say "I want ABC from you", the Call centre rep will repeat by saying "So you want XYZ, right?". So I repeat by saying "No you are not understanding me, I want ABC from you." I mean an English call centre staff understood my request without a delay or problem but whenever I get put through to the appropriate department (India), even though we have conversation in English, they don't understand it!? This happens everytime and it is very hard to have a productive conversation. I do not have a problem with any other company or when I go to a shop and ask a shop staff. Then they booked me in for a callback from the manager and that didn't happen. EVENTUALLY, I spoke to a manager and he promised me that he'd send a letter which I requested and that never arrived. So I called back India and I was told there was no record of me having a conversation with the manager!!! So I couldn't even make a complaint about this person, how convenient!

Is it just me who has this problem? Why don't BT bring the customer service call centre back to the UK? I mean you have English staff for Products & Services. I guess BT wants to give good impression to the new customers but once you are in, it's nightmare for the existing customers. This is one of the reasons why I do not have BT internet or other services because when you have a problem you are stuck in the revolving door.

BT, please give more jobs to British people.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Indian call centre nightmare frustration

Go to solution
call centres are coming back to the UK and have been for some time there are more now then 12 months ago however it does not mean every one who works there may not have an accent there are many UK accents that are hard to understand and they are British people
0 Ratings
premjithayer
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

They have mseddup my move as well. I was moving to different property so I request for broadband and phone move. Line was disconnected on 26th August and promised that it will be activated at new property on 29th of August. But I am still without broadband. Few days ago phone was installed but broadband is completly removed from my account. 

Now at BT no one is taking any actions. Called them for hundreds or minutes and yesterday someone told me that order is placed under fast-track and someone will contact me with in 24 hours. It is over 24 hours now still no contact. 

Since request for move, I got hell lot of call from Indian call center to confirm my order and a text message each time they called. I never understood what was the point of those calls. Seems like whole BT staff is ofshore and on phone calls, no one is working on ground. Really a bad experience. I have experienced the move with Sky and Virgin in past and it was seamless. BT seems to be worst.

Our mobile data limits are over and we will be charged a lot of that. Also I have spent a lot on calls to BT.

0 Ratings
paulmo101
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Also bad experience of Bt customer care in General and Indian call centre in particular.  Promises of call backs not honoured and strong Indian accents coupled with (original problem I`m trying to sort out) very noisy line on my OAP mums phone make understanding what was being said almost impossible.  Also missed engineer appointment with no prior warning did not help.  Problem still ongoing - engineer should call on Wednesday !!!!!!!

Thank goodness I`m with Virgin - hopefully persuade my mum to change.

Please listen to your remaing customers BT - surely you dont want another wooden spoon award for worst customer service?

0 Ratings
letdown
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Lied by Indian call centre staff

Go to solution

Hi,

I spoke to a manager and he promised me that he'd send me a letter but that did not arrive. So I call back and there was not call log either. So I asked again and this time, a call centre guy also promised me that the simple letter I requested would arrive within 7 working days but no sign of it.

I am surprised that BT has a policy which allows its staff to lie to their customers.

What's your experience? What sort of lies do they tell you?

0 Ratings
letdown
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear your hellish experience.

This is the reason why I don't subscribe to BT broadband.

Have you seen http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

There are reviews of different ISPs and the one I am with, I never have problem. I get through to the UK call centre staff and they are courteous and very helpful. You get Poundland quality with BT. 

0 Ratings
letdown
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

It's interesting that my thread has been merged even though they are different issues.

0 Ratings
letdown
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Furthermore, I didn't even click on 'solved' but the thread says SOLVED? wtf

0 Ratings
letdown
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Why do you employ lying staff and manger BT?

The moral of office must be very low.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
only you can mark a post as solved no one else
0 Ratings