cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Inexplicable high usage/slow speeds

We move from SKY to BT  on January 2011,  with the idea of pay less,  unfortunately..pass to  a big nightmare and the big scam never seen.  

the service apparently starting on 18th January,   we have option 2, 40GB . we really not use p2p or another downloads.   however sometimes,  like see Iplayer , hearing music with we7.  and you tube videos.   
also we work with 2 e-mails   imap. all day.  

The speed never work fine,  just in the mornings,  during afternoon and evening the speed and my e-mails get frozeen, and is nothing can do,  we call to tecnical support during all week,  and the problem continue.
today 28th  there is not a solution,  and request cancel this account.

But the history not finish yet,  on 25th January arrive a e-mail from BT what say my usage is of 32GB ...

32GB in 1 week ?  we call to tecnical support and they say we use this, they  ask to us for malware,  that not exsist because we use Imac. and the pc wear malawarebite, and is free of infections.

our weriless is disable,  because all house is connect by wire ethernet.    the big suprise BT  cannot proof or show me  how  I use this 32 GB in 7 days.  

from the next days,  we check our line all day,  and not use anything in our BT internet,  except e-mails,  a big suprise next day  our usage  rise to 39.2GB near limit,  and they recommend upgrade to unlimited,  that mean £ 10 more in the bill.  ... there is absoluty  disgusting and never never  again  choose BT ...

WARNING.. ABOUT THIS COMPANY.... IS ABSOLUTE SCAM AND ROBBERY.  

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Inexplicable high usage/slow speeds

If your hub has benn connected over that time the data used and the connection time will be shown here

http://bthomehub/bb_internet.lp?be=1&l2=0&l0=2&l1=2

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Hi,  thank you,  but the link you provide is no longer available..

you know  how get BT  proof i spend 40GB in 10 days.  inclusive with the pc off .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

how much iplayer do you use daily

amanda-jayne
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

I did not realise upload counted thank you

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 19

@AlexUk1975 wrote:

Hi,  thank you,  but the link you provide is no longer available..

you know  how get BT  proof i spend 40GB in 10 days.  inclusive with the pc off .

Its a link to your hub ??

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I use my iplayer 1 hour maybe 2 hours.   and not everyday..

another thing , recently told me in technical desk,  BT NON SUPPORT  IMAP  e-mails. 

that mean  when BT  starting in peak off times throttling the lines,  IMAP emails and anothers service non working.

can detail the name  person of technical desk told me about this,  also him agree,  throttling the ports, 

look forward finish this bad service

iN the contract only make reference a p2p but not a  imap, and another service has been  affected

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

IMAP emails work 24/7 with no problems that is incorrect information you we were given i player download are typically about 500mb per hour  for information  also support means that they do not offer technical advice on IMAP  or setting it up not that the network  will not work with IMAP

0 Ratings
AlexUk1975
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Re: Inexplicable high usage/slow speeds - IMAP no supported by BT

I talk with  Dominic,  from care manager,  him agree,  BT NO support IMAP e-mail,  and another services  like  streaming.   like,  we7,  iplayer,  you tube,  in off peak times. 

also him told to us,  in peak of times of the day,  some services,  including P2P  working very low,  because BT throttling the lines,  DLM ,  data line management.

If I know in your fair usage police  say:  i cannot use imap e-mail,  cannot use WE7 cannot use many services ...  really no take this very **bleep** service. 

I assume the infrastructure of BT is very old ... because cannot coppe connection in peak of times...

to finish,  IMAP no work 24/7  recently make a remote connection with  a Indian man  help desk to try get solution..

still nothing happen.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Re: Inexplicable high usage/slow speeds - IMAP no supported by BT

Support mean they will not offer technical help with these items if you have problems with them not that they will network on the bt network I use IMAP for mail 24/7 with no problems and fair usage does not say you cannot use IMAP either sorry i do not know where you read that like wise iplayer and you tube also work 24/7
0 Ratings