Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Infinity 1 --- 5mbps?

Go to solution

Hi all

I had infinity 1 installed in my flat. I was getting 52mbps all the time, no slow downs ever. Then I moved to a different area and I find that in the morning at 8am I get 51mbps yet when I come home from work at 6.30pm untill 11.30pm my speed is between 3 to 5 mbps. Obviously I am extremely unhappy about this.

How can I tell if this is an issue on my end or congestion in the area.

If congestion in the area, can it be fixed?

I think if it didn't fix i would look to switch ISP but I am unsure if I can. 3-5 mbps is obviously less than 10% of what I'm paying for.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
NeilO
Message 2 of 13

Re: Infinity 1 --- 5mbps?

Go to solution

@nirvana316 sorry about that, it does sound like congestion on the network if its only slow during peak times. Can you follow this guide and post the speed test results and route stats when its running slow and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi. This was taken at 9.52pm on Sunday 4th sepember. As you can see the speed is terribly slow. I cannot even watch iPlayer at nights. Do you need other information from me? I can send you whatever you need. I dearly loved my BT service then I moved flat and it doesn't work well at all. But 4mps is terrible when there are a few of us sharing the connection. Nothing works at all

test1.PNG

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@nirvana316 Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into further. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

thank you kindly for looking into this! I have sent the message. Like I said I chose BT because I loved my previous experiance so if anything can be done I would be very greatful indeed

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Monday night at 9.30. You see what I mean. Less than 3mb/s and there is more than 1 person using our internet at the same time so your talking about seriously bad speeds. No one can do anything at all

test1.PNG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Yep you have a fault and it's with the mods who are the people to sort it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Test taken at 7.10 tonight. As you can see a little better but still very low and ping very high. I will try to take some sort of note of these tests over the week

test2.PNG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
I'll be honest, there's little point. You've identified a fault and the most recent test will be logged with BT Wholesale.

Await mod contact 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Sorry should have included this. I have no idea if this says anything is wrong or everything is OK etc but seems that people are asked to include it in thier posts

test3.PNG

0 Ratings