cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Infinity 1, D/L <5mbps, Ping 100+

So this has been happening for almost 2 weeks now and I'm sick to death of it. I'm going to be switching ISP shortly if this cannot be fixed as I'm well within my rights to terminate the contract early being unable to get the speeds I'm paying for. This issue always happens at peak time, any other times of the day my ping is relaitvely stable and I get the speeds I was sold. I've been calling the support line daily to be run in the same circles and told the issue will be fixed and I will be called and none of this ever happens. As of right now my line has 2 faults, one listed as closed and the other cleared yet nothing has been solved.

At around 5pm every day my speed drops to around 16mbps and by 7:30 it has hit between 3-5mbps. During these times my ping becomes incredibly erratic with it wavering between a rather acceptable 20 all the way up to multiple hundreds. This continues all the way through to around midnight and I often have to restart the router to fully clear it after midnight. I've been sent another router and that behaved the exact same way. I've run ping tests to the google servers during these times and recieved 23% packet loss during these occurrances. 

Customer service tell me that at their end it says I'm receiving 33mbps but I'm evidently not. As a result, they never find a fault and send me on my merry way to call them yet again tomorrow. Is there actually a way I can get this fixed? It's clearly a congestion issue but nobody is looking into it. I don't really want to go through all the hassle of cancelling and swapping to another ISP, but I'm being left with little choice at this point. So what do I do?

Since mods will likely ask for my results from a BTW speedtest, my 4 done in the last few phone calls were between 4-5mbps and my ping wavered between 24 and 98.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity 1, D/L <5mbps, Ping 100+

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Capture4.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Capture5.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I don't really know what else I can add as information. I've saved the events log on my computer too if that's of any use. Can anyone advise? Is there other stuff I can add to help find the problem? Can anyone point me to someone who can help?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

You are suffering from congestion in the backhaul network. BTWholesale should be aware of the problem and will hopefully be taking steps to increase capacity.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I have exactly the same. When I ring to ask for help they say that it looks fine on BT's end, must be something wrong at our house. They then go on to say that they can send an engineer but if it turns out to be something wrong at our end (which they already seem convinced is the case) it will cost us £160!  

Similar to yourself it's only during the evening, we have infinity 1 and get 50mb/s+ during the day and below 5 after around 7pm. The call centre and live chat just tell me to restart the router, change the cable etc but don't seem to take into account the fact that is is fine outside of 'peak' hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Why do I always get such non answers from support though if that's the case? They pretty much tell me everything seems fine from their end and that they don't know what else they can do.

Is there any way I can contact someone at the wholesale team who could confirm this is the issue and that they are actually working on it? So far it seems I'm just being ran in circles and ignores by customer support.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Hi @ConcernedCustomer1 Thanks for your posts and we'll be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Thanks, I've sent the info required so hopefully I will be contacted shortly. The issue was flagged again last night and is showing as fixed on the fault checker, but my issues continue still.

0 Ratings