Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silent_Bobgrid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Infinity 1 Upload question

Go to solution

Really struggling at times working from home remotely using RDP, TeamViewer, Webex, citrix etc...

Can anything be done about that dismal upload?  Sometimes i see the upload throughput stuck around 0.1 Mbps.

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 18.07 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 0.58 Mbps

Any more tests I can do anytime.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Infinity 1 Upload question

Go to solution
Can you post the connection stats from your home hub please?

Can you also go to http://dslchecker.bt.com/ and post up a screenshot of the results for your number.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Silent_Bobgrid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, Thank you for your quick response.

Below is the DSL checker report.  I am currently not using a BT home hub, but if absolutely necessary I will set it back up with the hub in place.

bt.jpg

0 Ratings
Silent_Bobgrid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

bt2.jpg

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Confused as to why there's no VDSL speed estimates showing for your line?

You don't have to use the hub at all. Your router will be able to provide the connection stats such as up/down sync speed, noise margin, max attainable speed, attenuation etc. Can you post them please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Silent_Bobgrid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi,

unfortunately no line stats on any of the 3rd party routers i use, the vendors have appeared to have removed the information from the BUI.  I will have to reconfigure the home hub 3 ive got in a cupboard and reply asap.

Thanks.

Matt

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
The home hub won't work. It's not got a VDSL modem.

Could you supply me your postcode, via a personal message if you wish. There's something I want to check out about possible line rearrangement which may mean you're in the process of being connected to a new fibre cab closer to your home.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
Which router do you use? Almost all routers I've came across have some sort of GUI showing connection stats.
0 Ratings
Silent_Bobgrid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Im using a Nighthawk X6 R8000 - checked all the BUI pages, cant locate it.  Post Code is S64 0NT.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
OK, I suspect your speeds will increase dramatically in the next few months.

I assume you're currently connected to cabinet 29 and that's where your VDSL signal comes from. Your line may be around 1800m from this cabinet looking at your speeds.

It seems as though cabinet 41 is a new cabinet which is currently awaiting power and or fibre being connected to it (which is why your telephone number check shows no VDSL availability yet).

The databases are always a mess when copper rearrangement is going on. What I will say, is that when the new cab is ready, your connection will be automatically moved over to the new cab, and I'd hope that the new cab is a lot closer to you, giving you much better speeds.
0 Ratings