cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reiver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 1 delivery sub-standard speed, BT does not live to its promise #2

I'm paying for for BT Infinity 1 and only getting 16Mbps!  The advertised 18Mbps to 34Mbps is sheer fantasy and just another BT rip-off!  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 1 delivery sub-standard speed, BT does not live to its promise #2

Wired or wireless?

Can you post the connection stats from the home hub?

Can you post the results for your number from http://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Can you run the further diagbostics speedtest at
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com and post a screenshot of the result of the test
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Reiver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Infinity 1 upgrade disappointment

Your current plan includes:

Unlimited usage

• Up to 52Mb download speed
  • Unlimited BT Wi-fi minutes
  • Online storage with BT Cloud
  • BT Parental Controls & BT Web Protect

So how come I'm still getting download speeds of around 16Mb???

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Reiver

Please answer the questions that @Webby asked, and you should get an answer.

0 Ratings
Reiver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I've been in touch with BT and I've been told I cannot possibly expect hope to get more than 25Mb download speed even though I've been offered 'up to' 52Mb if I upgrade at a cost of £26 per month - Says it all really, it's a rip off, like it or lump it, and my only option is to migrate. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The package you buy is for speeds up to 52Mbps. It does not mean that every line can get that speed.

If you were on Infinity 1 you are still on Infinity 1. It is not an upgrade to 52Mbps. All that happened was that BT removed the upper software cap that was on the Infinity 1 package from 38Mbps to 52Mbps. They did this for all customers on Infinity 1.

If you previously got below 38Mbps there would be no benefit when the cap was moved to 52Mbps because you will only ever get the best speed that your line can support. This depends on many factors not least being the distance your property is from the fibre cabinet. 

It will be the same regardless of which provider you move to because of the distance you are from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
CJ18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Re: Infinity 1 delivery sub-standard speed, BT does not live to its promise #2

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat.  BT promise me 18-27Mbps, I get 16.  When I have tried talking to them about the speed they tell me I'm getting 22Mbps and don't appear to be remotely interested beyond that.

0 Ratings