cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
largestherb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Infinity 1 down to 20mb..

Last couple months have been very busy and our slowed down internet was put on the back burner for a while, but now that all the chaos is out of the way, it is time to focus my attention and get this junk sorted!

We signed up for Infinity 1 as it was the only decent priced package available with upload speeds above 1mb, and we were estimated to receive around 50mb down and 9mb up. And we did! until sometime in September/October, when our download speed dunked down to the same 20~mb we had been getting from our previous FREE broadband package! although we still have 8~mb upload, but losing a whole 30mb down is not really acceptable!

So, I have performed the tests available at the BT wholesale website, and will attach the results below. The final result recommended reporting a fault or whatever with BT, but I am unsure how to go about that - I cannot find an email address to use to get in touch with customer service, only useless phone numbers we cannot use.

Tests were performed from my laptop ethernet'd into the HH5 in the master socket (with and without the faceplate, same result).

I don't know why the speedtest user test3 always resulted in 0 mb download, but that is what I got repeatedly.

So questions,

1. Is this likely to be a fault somewhere along the line?

2. How the heck do we contact the right people to get this checked*

*WITHOUT being charged £100 for an engineer to fiddle around in the cabinet (yeah don't ask, BT tried this before. we got a refund when we noticed the unannounced billing for it, but **bleep** hell, the cheek!)

3. Any other things I can do to troubleshoot in the meantime? Can't imagine this being resolved super quick what with giftmas and the new year coming up so soon.

Happy holidays and any help is appreciated, thanks!

test1.PNG

test2.PNG

test3.png

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity 1 down to 20mb..

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

As you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity 1 down to 20mb..

Why can you not phone the broadband help line ?
0 Ratings