cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Infinity 1 erractic ping & really slow upload

@JohnC2 To be honest I’ve not really noticed.

When I first noticed it happening was very slow file browsing on work vpn connection.  To the point where I’d have to wait quite a long time for contents to appear.

is there any test I can do to test it? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 24

Have you tried uploading a file elsewhere not using your work VPN? Is there a difference?

If so then you may have to contact your work IT dept as there may be a port configuration issue which they will be able to resolve.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Hi @pippincp its the same uploading to other locations too.

I'm assuming since it is only syncing at the router at 1mbs when it used to sync at around 7mbs is a problem somewhere with my connection and that if it syncs at 1mbs i will never get faster than that speed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 24

Hi @acredo Thanks for posting back and checking that for me.

I called earlier and left a brief message on the landline as I wanted to check a few other things with you.

Have you a different hub and if so have you tried that and does the issue still persist?

Will you check for any onsite electrical devices which could cause interference when they are running?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Hi @JohnC2 , sorry missed your call, available now.

I have used a HH5 and one of the older BT Openreach Fibre Modem - both with the same results.

There is only a phone plugged in next to it and the setup has been exactly the same for the past 2 years.

Someone else at BT has phoned and arranged a BT engineer for this Friday, is that something you had organised and will they be briefed on the issues?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Hi @JohnC2 the engineer came on Friday, in fact even came back on Saturday morning.  He said he can see there is a problem but doesn't know why.

Since his visit the upload sync/speed is exactly the same (0.87mbps) and even the download speed has now slightly dropped by a few mbps too! He said this might be because he switched to a different pair which might not be quite as good as the one we were on, so now actually an even worse position than it was before!

Can you give me an update as this has now been going on for weeks.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Hi @JohnC2 whatever has been done yesterday/overnight seems to have fixed it. The upload speed is now back up to 6.7mbps. Thanks for all your help.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 24

Hi @acredo Thanks for the update and good news. The profile was updated so hopefully that is it all fixed for you. I'll be in touch tomorrow to check how things are and fingers crossed all will still be going well.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Hi @JohnC2 its slowed back down to 0.9mbps now! So frustrating

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 24