cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Infinity 1 speed reduction shows no sign of improvement

We've had Infinity 1 since June last year and up until May this year we were getting a solid speed of 45 which we were happy with. The speed then dropped down to 37 and seems to have settled at around 32 now. I used an Ethernet connection on the laptop to measure the speed on the BT Wholesale speed tester and regularly use an app on my iPad, and they both show the same results. Around the time of the drop off in speed seemed to coincide with work being done on our cabinet by Openreach engineers. They were working 3 day weeks and were there for 8 or 9 weeks altogether. I mentioned our speed drop off to one of the guys when I was walking the dog one day and he assured me that it was not connected to the work that they were doing. He told me that they were upgrading and everyone should see an improvement. I spoke to someone in the 'technical team' from BT in Ireland around the same time and they made a note of it on our account and were supposed to be getting back to me. The note on our account has been removed and they never got back to me. I feel as though I've just been fobbed off. The Openreach engineers finished several weeks ago now.

Our 18 month contract is due for renewal in December and I'd like to get this issue resolved before we think about renewing. We are having to reboot the Homehub 2 or 3 times a day, and nothing has been changed in the house which may explain the drop off in speed.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity 1 speed reduction shows no sign of improvement

Can you post the stats from the home hub?

Can you also put your number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up the results.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Telephone Number  on Exchange SELSEY is served by Cabinet 7

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environment

Status

VDSL Range A (Clean)8060.6201954.6Available--YesYes--
VDSL Range B (Impacted)70.5402013.132.5Available--YesYes--
FTTP on Demand33030--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 10.5--8 to 12.5Available------Yes
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 10.5Up to 18 to 12.5Available------Yes
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available------Yes
Fixed Rate2 ----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapY       
VRIN       
NTEFaceplateN       
Last Test Date19-05-2017       

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Information for Helpdesk agents

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request

1. Product Name: HomeHub5 2. Serial number: +076286+1613000147 3. Firmware version: v0.07.06.01239-BT (Type B) Last updated 8/3/2017 4. Board version: 01A 5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 23:35:59 6. Data Rate: 9995 / 34999 7. Maximum Data Rate: 20607 / 63132 8. Noise Margin: 12.9 / 11.3 9. Line Attenuation: 15.1 / 16.7 10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0 11. Data sent/received: 225.5 MB / 6.8 GB 12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com 13. BT Wi-fi: Yes 14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-ZFSZ 15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s)) 16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-ZFSZ 19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 22. Firewall: Default 23. MAC Address: d4:63:fe:70:47:95 24. Software variant: - 25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)
BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.06.01239-BT  | Last updated 8/3/2017
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

I hope that this is what you require. i'm sorry the second one's a bit messy, but I couldn't work out how to send it on here properly. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?

Can you dial 17070 to check if there is any noise on the line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

We are connected to the master socket and there is no noise on the line. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Can you remove the faceplate from the master socket and connect to the test socket?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Have you noticed the connection dropping out at all?
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

The connection has dropped out. It did it as recently as yesterday and we got the amber 'b' sign on the homehub. I'll have a look at your other suggestion tomorrow now. Thanks.

0 Ratings