Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Infinity 1 upgrade

Go to solution
I know that they say upgrades will be completed by mid November, however surely that's a long time since it started, some people seem to have received it the end of June. Surely it's an automated process, computer database automatically pings your cabinet for the new speed resets hub and boom your done......
This is now where people are tutting at my wondering.
Is it more of a human being manually checking your line stats then visiting the cabinet?

Or week as were 4th week in we shall activate every surname begining with D.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Infinity 1 upgrade

Go to solution

Tut tut, what does it matter. You will be upgraded when you are upgraded assuming your line can deliver above 55Mbps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

There's no pleasing some people. You might be getting Infinity 2 speeds by November at Infinity 1 prices - you should be extremely grateful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@lamplite1c wrote:
I know that they say upgrades will be completed by mid November, however surely that's a long time since it started, some people seem to have received it the end of June. Surely it's an automated process, computer database automatically pings your cabinet for the new speed resets hub and boom your done......
This is now where people are tutting at my wondering.
Is it more of a human being manually checking your line stats then visiting the cabinet?

Or week as were 4th week in we shall activate every surname begining with D.

It could be that they are doing it alphabetically or by region or whatever. As it's free does it matter? By mid November if your line can support it you'll get it.

If you really need it before then upgrade and pay extra. The choice is yours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you to all commentees, I'm not in a rush for it I am extremely greatful for the extra speed when my switch is flicked. I'm a little disappointed that some think there's no pleasing people when I was just commenting and wondering how they did it. Obviously I shouldn't have wondered or commented.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

No-one here knows how they are doing it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Ask, wonder and comment as much as you like! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

My age and dealings with BT have left me a bit cynical and sarcastic and I have to admit that I misinterpreted the tone of the original post - my apologies.

Please continue to ask questions although no one knows why BT have done this uplift and I suspect that BT don't considering any Infinity 2 user, if they are aware of what has happened, will now be angry that people can get the same speeds they do but at a cheaper price but you can't please everybody. I suppose it's the complete lack of info about why it's being done and what are the ramifications for the pricing etc of Infinity 1 and 2.

0 Ratings