cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoot
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Infinity 2 27Mb

I have BT Infinity 2 and was promised up to 76 Mb. Well I was getting up to 50Mb then I went for BT UHD TV which should have been fine. It uses about 30 Mb but should leave 20 Mb plenty. Unfortunately now my speed is maxing out at 27 Mb. So I thought it was my BT UHD TV but I've switched it off, disconnected it, run the the BT Hub 5 on its own and still 27 Mb. I went onto BT Broadband Speed Test and it tests my house line and still only 27Mb. The BT engineer tested my line before installing BT TV and was happy that it could handle UHD, and was about 46/50Mb at the time.

So not only am I not getting the speed I pay for, I only can use UHD TV at the expensive of the rest of my house. I feel like Im getting riped off twice. Any advice on what is happening on my line and how I get BT to fix. Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity 2 27Mb

go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

enter your phone number and post results results. Remember o delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Log into the HH5 and copy and paste lines 1-12 from the troubleshooting/helpdesk page.

0 Ratings
Scoot
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Thanks I will post in the morning
0 Ratings
Scoot
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ41301318
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 07/07/15
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 12:38:21
6. Data rate: 20000 / 35000
7. Maximum data rate: 20495 / 42409
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 7.9
9. Line attenuation: 20.6 / 19.4
10. Signal attenuation: 20.5 / 19.3
11. Data sent/received: 267.6 MB / 3.0 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Scoot
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date High Low High Low FTTC Range A (Clean) 74 54.9 20 16.2 -- Available FTTC Range B (Impacted) 65.1 39.4 20 11.5 -- Available WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3.5 -- 2 to 6 Available WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 3.5 Up to 0.5 2 to 6 Available ADSL Max Up to 2.5 -- 1.5 to 5 Available WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available Other Offerings Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

was this self install?  if so have you tried using the test socket with a new filter and see if that improves your conenction speed  test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scoot
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

It's not a self install. A BT engineer fitted it. I was asked by BT help to follow the step you suggested and I got the same test results.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Then you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit as your connection speed is lower than your estimated speed

was it an openreach engineer of was it a contractor who was probably in and out in 15 min. Did engineer check to see if speed was within estimate?

0 Ratings
Scoot
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thank you. I have an engineer coming around on Tuesday. 

Fyi - it was a BT TV engineer who installed my TV that moved my BT Hub and reconnected it etc. Seems to be too coincidental.

ill let you know how I get on

0 Ratings