cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 2 Download Speed drops right off until HH5 rebooted

My Infinity 2 has been stable for the last year until recently getting about 70 / 19Mb. However recently I have noticed slow performance. Normally I first notice on my phone so run speedtest and get about 2.5Mb down. Thats over wireless so I check on a wired device and the same low download and upload is normally fine.

I check my HH5 and the date rate is showing fine at 70+. If I then reset it makes no difference. If I do a restart (on off button) when it comes back up everything is fine again for another week until it drops again. Yesterday my PS4 which is directly wired to my HH5 was downloading a 3.5Gb game update and was showing 10hrs to complete. Same issue. Restarted HH5 and boom all good and download took less than 10 mins.

To me it looks like my HH5 is on its way out but gonna be a tough one to prove to BT CS I feel as all looks good connection wise.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 2 Download Speed drops right off until HH5 rebooted

Hi @P1Fanatic and thanks for posting.

Are you able to borrow another router to rule out any issues with your hub 5?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 5

You do realise too many reboots/restarts in a short period will cause DLM to detect a fault and lower your speeds in an attempt to stabalise your connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I'd hardly call 1 reboot a week too many. Besides the router shows the correct connection speed and data rate - its just that real world performance is nowhere near that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 5

In that case can you post the full router stats and perform a speedted HERE after the first test scroll down and click on Further Diagnostics and post a sreenshot of that result. This must be done with a wired connection.

0 Ratings