Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Infinity 2 Fibre to Cabinet ongoing speed issues

Go to solution

Im having an almost identical problem, except I no longer have a dial tone on the phone either

IP profile dropped from 80/20 to 37/20

Sent an email to BT but wouldn't mind it escalated if possible as this has been like this for a good few days at least

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Message 2 of 17

Re: Infinity 2 Fibre to Cabinet ongoing speed issues

Go to solution

Hi Detection,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems. Are you geting a dial tone in the master socket or are you using an extention? Have you reported the fault? If not drop me an email with the details and I'll take a look for you. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply - I have reported it via the "contact by email" link earlier today

As much info as I have is, I hadn't used my PC for a few days, but I had tried to use the house phone and got no dial tone, completely forgot about it until I downloaded something and found I was getting half my normal speeds, ran a few speedtests on different sites, including BTs own test, and found my 80/20 profile has dropped to 37/20

Everything is connected to the master socket, no extensions

Usually I get around 76 down and 18 up, the cab is just along this street - since getting Infinty 2.0 I've always had full speeds, I'm guessing the fault on the line giving no dial tone has kicked in some error correction at the cab / exchange

Appreciate any help

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
Sounds like there's only one wire connected. There should be 2. If you have FTTC you need a working phone line so the lack of a dial tone is a problem.

Try this test https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/reporting.do?pageId=21
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks, that link seems dead though

I wonder if a wire has been pulled out, there are scafolders fixing my roof, scafold all over the front of the house where the line comes in - I`ll have a check

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

The dumb scafolders have clamped the phone line into a scafold support clamp and tightned it shut - likely cut one of the wires - gonna go tell them to get it sorted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

As Openreach are likely to charge for that, it may be worthwhile getting a couple of photos of the damage caused by the scaffolders in the event of a potential dispute as and when the bill arrives.......Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

One step ahead of you 🙂

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

wow these guys must be idiots lol, how can you manage that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Not only how did they manage it, the real question is how did they not see it? It looks purposely done to me, an inch higher would have missed it, and to tightnen those bolts they would have been 2" away from the line

0 Ratings